Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by BrianJ on 7/24/03 at 09:33 (125128)

I'm curious about something. It seems we're all here because we suffer from heel pain, and find it difficult to find a treatment that really works. We have a whole mesage board devoted to ESWT, even though many of us have had multiple ESWT treatments with little or no success.

Then, Monte gets just one RFL treatment (which, by the way, is minimally invasive and does not create structural damage), which reduces his heel pain by 75% in one foot and 90% in the other (yes, he still has some arch pain, but that's another matter). You would think the message board would explode with jubilation, and long-term sufferes would line up to get RFL. Yet, that doesn't seem to be happening. What gives?

P.S. I have no connection to any RFL provider and no financial stake in anything related to RFL.

Re: Curious

john h on 7/24/03 at 10:27 (125130)

Brian I think probably because Monte is only one case and we are waiting to see his final outcome after about 6 months to a year. In my case my pain has always been in the arch and not the heel and Monte reports his heel pain is much reduced but he still has arch pain. I hope Monte continues to keep us updated.

Suzanne D on 7/24/03 at 13:02 (125149)

Same here...My heels hurt at the onset of PF, but soon it was the arch area that hurt so much, and that is still where I have pain.

I wish Monte the very best and hope this proves to be a lasting success for him!

Suzanne :)

Dr. Z on 7/24/03 at 14:39 (125154)

Time. RFL is just as expense if not more then ESWT.

Carole C in NOLA on 7/24/03 at 19:35 (125168)

We've seen some pretty enthusiastic reports about ESWT, too, but it doesn't work for everyone. Unfortunately there is no one treatment that is a 'magic bullet' that will get rid of PF for every person. We have a long road ahead of us, all of us. But some of us have found our way to pain-free feet, in time.

Monte has been seeking some relief for a long time, and has tried a whole lot of different kind of treatment. He just wouldn't give up, and I'm glad he didn't. RFL happened to work for him, apparently. I sure hope so. :)

Carole C

Zane U on 7/25/03 at 06:59 (125182)

Excellent email/post. I will surely line up after trying eswt once or twice. I don't know much about rfl. Can someone post a few sites that explain it? Thanks.

Zane Ullman

BevN. on 7/25/03 at 13:30 (125233)

Brian, Could it be because they use great big long needles that scare us away :( No , just kidding , We are waiting to hear of Monte's results , then we will all line up if it sounds hopefull :)