Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for John h

Posted by Kathy G on 7/25/03 at 10:03 (125215)

You've tried it all so I'm wondering if night splints helped you? I am reticent to spend much more money but the pain in my calf is getting quite bad. Actually, much of the time, it's a numb spot in my calf. I can't decide if a night splint would help or not. I don't think I could ever sleep with one but I might be able to wear it for a few hours each day.

If you tried it, which one did you use?.

Re: Question for John h

john h on 7/25/03 at 10:54 (125222)

Kathy: I think night splints are a good investment. I do not always wear one but it is right by my bed. I have worn out one and just recently bought a new one from Scott. I have tried three different one and the one he sells is by far the best and easiest to sleep in. I hardly notice it is on as it is very short. Only the bottom is stiff and you can adjust it to any feet and any angle you want. Of all the garbage I have tried this is one that I would suggest to anyone with PF. It makes scientific sense and practically I think it has helped and would help more if I remembered to put it on each night.

john h on 7/25/03 at 11:02 (125223)

Kathy: Look at Products for Sale on this site. The Nice N Stretch night splint is the best one I have ever used. Sometimes Scott has a return that has hardly been used and you can get a better deal. It also folds up and you could even put it in a purse. It also has a little ice bag that you can throw in the freezer that fits in the bottom of the splint. I do not use that feature but it is there.

Kathy G on 7/28/03 at 08:52 (125416)

Thanks for the information, John. I value your opinion!