Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fascitis

Posted by Cindy B on 7/26/03 at 23:36 (125316)

I have been suffering from pf for nearly 10 years. I have had numerous cortisone injections (no more !!!), therapy, tapings, stretching, drugs and finaly a year and a half ago I had surgery to release the facitis. i have just finished my fifth sonorex. After the first 3 sonorex, I had significant decrease in pain. Returned to have the last 2 sonorex, which made very little improvement. I am still doing the stretching on the incline and still taking drugs. (Tylenol, Advil and occassionally Darvocet) I am considering ordering the Strassburg sock. Would this be wise? What are my other options. I am in the prime of my life, not a runner or a jogger, but I am being limited more and more each day normal everyday activties.

Re: Plantar fascitis

Dr. Z on 7/27/03 at 11:19 (125341)

Do you have the classic pain when you first arise in the mornining or get up after sitting for any lenght of time.?

Karen T on 7/27/03 at 20:23 (125391)

I have suffered with extreme pain of the plantar fascitis for more than a year. I have had cortisone shots, physical therapy, stretching exercises, and ultra sound and nothing seems to help. What can I do?

Dr. Z on 7/27/03 at 20:58 (125392)

If you have pain when you first get up after sitting for any length of time where the fascia attaches to the bottom of your heel then ESWT is an excellenct option. We have used ESWR for over four years with very good pain resolution

Cindy B on 7/29/03 at 22:34 (125618)

Yes, this is the type of pain that I have always had. After my surgery in February 2002, the swelling in my ankle has never subsided. I did have an MRI done before I started the sonorex and I was told I had the classic plantar facitis.

Cindy B on 7/29/03 at 22:39 (125619)

Well I have had 5 ESWT. I still have pain. What about the Strassburg Sock?