Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

WILL MRI SHOW EVIDENCE OF PF?

Posted by JOHN P on 7/27/03 at 17:47 (125379)

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW WHETHER A MRI WOULD SHOW PLANTAR FACITIS?

Re: WILL MRI SHOW EVIDENCE OF PF?

Dr. Z on 7/27/03 at 19:05 (125384)

Yes it can

nelson r on 7/28/03 at 12:35 (125444)

hi john,

i recently had mri done and it showed i have partial tear which i am currently receiving therapy. i will be going back to my podiatrist next week and believe he wants to do another mri to see if healing.

nelson

JOHN P on 7/29/03 at 17:47 (125587)

nelson,

how did you tear your pf muscle/tendons?

nelson j on 7/31/03 at 07:59 (125764)

hi john,

not sure how i tore my plantar anyway i have one bad foot to begin with i have nerve damage and a little bit drop foot from car accident 30 years ago. maybe from over compensating from one foot also i used to play a lot of handball and i was always spraining my foot. my doctor said it was from having a high arch and that area get tight and sometimes tears. i first got xray then my poditrist wanted me to get mri thats were they can see tear. also i believe they can determine from xray if you have plantar. maybe they need to do mri to see if you have bone spur or plantar. most people just have plantar which is just as painful. i hope this has been helpful.

nelson

Dr. Ben Pearl on 8/05/03 at 21:15 (126344)

Yes it will but so will ultasound which is more cost effecive if there is doubt over the clinical diagnosis. I do not routinely order these tests for diagnosis but do find the ultasound valuable fo guiding shockwave treatments.