Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DR ED, how was your vacation?

Posted by Sharon W on 7/27/03 at 22:05 (125396)

I hope everything went well and you all had a great time!

Re: DR ED, how was your vacation?

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/03 at 09:54 (125533)

Thank you. It was fun but exhausting. Need a vacation from the vacation.

marie on 7/29/03 at 10:17 (125542)

We got back from Saugatuck on Sunday and I know what you mean. We've been working around the clock to get caught up. Our kids are old enough now that they're not so tiring. They actually sleep in and were able to have their own room. Which gave us some much needed privacy and rest.

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/03 at 17:53 (125589)

We took a red eye to Missouri and a red eye back. I cannot sleep on airplanes so had two all-nighters in the last week. Our kids are 4,4 and 7 and don't do well with disruptions in their habits and were not on their best behavior. The airlines don't seem to have a lot of patience for kids.
The FAA approval sticker had worn off one of their car/plane seats so I had to argue with several flight attendants concerning about their airplane worthiness.

It was interesting to see airport security really scrutinize my 4 year olds, making them take off their shoes and going through their strollers as I watched some guys in their 20's with 2 day old beards and scowels on their faces waltz right through security. They were mumbling something, perhaps 'death to America,' but profiling is politically incorrect so my 4 year olds had to take the brunt of the scrutiny.

marie on 7/29/03 at 18:04 (125591)

It gets better. Your kids won't be little forever. I really began to enjoy my kids when they got to be about ten years old. They were so much more independent...although they could still whine pretty good. They traveled well and I was pretty fortunate to have two great kids that have never given me a whole lot of trouble. Next time take your nanny. You and your wife may get a little more rest.

I know what you mean about the airports and their checks. I never object because I figure they know more than I do. That will be a story your four year old will be able to share at pre-school this fall.

Take care! marie