Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

safe stretching for PF

Posted by Buck T. on 7/28/03 at 13:57 (125447)

Been diagnosed with PF both feet. Many of stretching exercises make conditon worse. These include pulling toes back with a towel and occasionally the wall stretch. Is there a gentle way of stretching the arch and calf preferably before getting out of bed in morning or during the day? I have the foot trainers but never gave them a chance. Can they replace stretching exercises?

Re: safe stretching for PF

Dorothy on 7/28/03 at 15:37 (125462)

Use the Foot Trainer program as described in the booklet for suitable stretching.
If you read the booklet, you will probably find the answer to your question about using them for stretching exercise. If you go to the foot trainer website, you will find information, too.
See what you think after learning more about the foot trainers and see if the info. answers your question.
If you still have questions after familiarizing yourself with the available information, Mr. Wilmot (foot trainers) and other people on this message board can probably give you further information.

Jen L on 7/29/03 at 17:02 (125578)

Buck,

A very popular and highly recommended stretch exercise on this board is Julie's Yoga Stretches. If you search for Yoga stretches on Message Board/Database from main page of heelspurs.com you will find the detailed info and other people's comments. Stop doing any stretches that aggrevate your condition even if it's suggested by doc's and therapists. Good luck.

Jen

Jen L on 7/29/03 at 17:05 (125579)

Actually if you click on Yoga link in my post you'll get it.

Buck T. on 7/29/03 at 19:53 (125603)

Thanks, Dorothy. I do need to read the booklet. I'll give them a try.

Take care, Buck

Buck T. on 7/29/03 at 19:55 (125604)

Jen L. Appreciate you taking time to post exercises. Will give them a try. Sounds like some others were looking for same information. Thanks, Buck