Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I had a bizzare day yesterday.....

Posted by marie on 7/29/03 at 08:37 (125521)

July has been a tough month for us. First an old family friend passed away after his second leg was amputated. He had Diabetes and liver failure. It was very tough as he requested no funeral or showing. A few days later one of our neighbors at the cabin finally passed away after a two year battle with breat cancer. She was just too young..in her 50's. Last night my brother phoned and told me my aunt passed away. She has suffered from cancer for a long time...breast cancer. They were able to get her to the Jersey shore so the last thing she saw was the Atlantic Ocean. The last time I saw her was at my father's funeral. It was on Sept. 11. She was so frail and with all that was going in our country she insisted on coming. They live in New Jersey were my uncle commuted to his job in NYC. While many of our family and friends turned around and went home she insisted on coming. Last night I watched our tape of 9/11. Because it involved jetliners my husband immediately stuck a tape in. We were getting ready to go to Detroit for a showing and funeral service for my father. I was freaking out because it mimiced my dreams. I just had a weird feeling last night and sat down and watched the tape for the first time. I hope they will capture Ossama Bin Laden soon.

Also....when I came home from school yeaterday there was an old lady with a walker walking down the middle of the highway headed towad town. We live on a major highway with semis flying by all the time. I called the police while two other women went out and hailed traffic and tried to get her on the side walk. I am guessing that she escaped from the nursing home nearby. It was terrifying for a few minutes. It took two calls and 15 minutes before the local police showed up,,,,they are only 2 blocks away. I don't think they responded as quickly as we needed. I am not happy with them right now.

sorry that the last couple of posts have been a bit gloomy....just having a tough time.

Re: I had a bizzare day yesterday.....

Necee on 7/29/03 at 15:33 (125564)

Hang in there Marie.
I know it's hard to see those we love suffer with illness, we sometimes feel so helpless.
You have touched the lives of those family members, friends, and neighbors with your love and concern for them. I'm sure they knew just how much you cared, and felt your love with every hug and smile you gave them.
I hope you find comfort in knowing that I care, and understand what you are feeling right now.
God bless
Necee

marie on 7/29/03 at 18:10 (125592)

Thanks Necee. I know we will get through this. Our friend that has inoperable cancer has decided to move back here. We can expect him this Sepetember. He will stay at the cabin until he buys a home....I am hoping he will start a Bed and Breakfast or a novelty shop or a cyber cafe with lots of rock n' roll memorabilia and other star stuff. No matter what we will be here to support him for however long he has. I'm not sure our small town is ready for him...he's pretty out there but thats what makes him so loveable.

marie

Sharon W on 7/29/03 at 20:04 (125605)

Marie,

I think you had the right idea, about making your friend's life story into a book. You have the writing talent, no question of that -- and it sounds like your friend's life story would be a real page-turner!

I'm sorry about all you're going through right now. I really know of nothing to say about losing the people we love, except that it can be survived... and they will always be part of you, alive in your heart.

Sharon

Sharon

Re: Today is also strange and can use a few prayers....please

marie on 7/29/03 at 20:33 (125607)

A young teenage female student at the new school I'll be at is missing. My hubby just printed her photo off and some flyers for her mom and a freind to distribute. Her cloths and purse are still in the house. She was still in her pajamas. Her mom said an old family friend was in town visiting...he's got alot of problems, a bit off. He has a tatto of a tear drop under his eye. They are fearing the worst. If you have a moment please funnel some positive energy into a prayer for this young girl.

thanks

Suzanne D on 7/29/03 at 21:38 (125615)

I will remember her, Marie.

Suzanne

Kathy G on 7/30/03 at 09:45 (125638)

Marie,

What a trying time for you! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hang in there!

Re: update

marie on 7/30/03 at 21:34 (125729)

The young lady was found. We don't know the particulars but they are on their way to Cleveland to pick her up.

Re: Hooray!

Sharon W on 7/30/03 at 22:21 (125739)

What wonderful news, Marie!!!

Sharon

Suzanne D on 7/31/03 at 09:18 (125775)

I'm glad, Marie. :)

My daughter told me on the phone a few minutes ago that there was an 'Amber Alert' this morning due to the kidnapping of a young girl. We are supposed to be on the lookout for a Crown Victoria car. She just heard the end of the announcement on the news. I will have to listen to find out more about it. Those news stories always tear at my heart.

Suzanne

Aly on 7/31/03 at 11:27 (125785)

That's great news - I hope she's ok! Every time I hear one of these stories, I feel so sorry for the people involved...it's great to hear one that turned out well.