Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Great little massage aid

Posted by Aly on 7/29/03 at 11:08 (125545)

This may seem a little silly, but I've discovered a great way to massage the bottom of my foot, and it's been my cheapest PF 'investment' yet. I am using a cat toy that I found for 75 cents at my local pet store! It's basically a miniature tennis ball - it's about 1.5 inches in diameter and has a little 'give' to it - not one of those hard toys. I roll it under my foot along the floor with as much or as little pressure as needed. It's small size enables me to work on all the little tender areas and by directing it along my arch, I can loosen up that area too. I carry it my purse so I can inconspicuously massage my foot under my desk at work...

PS Speaking of pain management at work, I also keep a couple of small water bottles in the freezer - every couple of hours I toss one under my desk and roll my foot along it. It's a little less conspicuous to carry a water bottle around, than ice packs.