Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

garden and outside house shots

Posted by marie on 7/30/03 at 17:00 (125712)

I am learning to use a new digital camera. I took these photos from around our house. It includes some wildlife shots from our pond. We have been watching a bullfrog grow this summer and have named him Mr. Matsumoto. Apparently Mr. Matsumoto has been keeping a secret....Mrs. Motsumoto....now we have many joyful Motsumotos at our small koi pond.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b324b43f258e

marie

Re: garden and outside house shots

Sharon W on 7/30/03 at 18:35 (125721)

I liked 'Mr. Matsumoto'!

In fact, all of your pictures made me just want to sit back with a big tall glass of iced tea and enjoy the croaks and chirps and buzzes and occasional splashes...

Sharon
:D

BevN. on 7/30/03 at 20:57 (125725)

marie,
Your pictures are delightful, and so are your 'pets'. Your home and gardens look as if you are living in the plantations of Georgia :) I expect to see a 'southern bell' in a big gown come wandering down the path any minute :)

wendyn on 7/30/03 at 22:07 (125736)

Love the pictures - but where are YOU?

Necee on 7/30/03 at 23:10 (125745)

Great pictures Marie!
Everything looks so green, if only we had lots of rain here in Texas.
I thought the moss growing on the rocks was pretty, and your garden pets sure know how to pose for the camera.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Happy trails...

Necee

Suzanne D on 7/31/03 at 08:52 (125771)

I enjoyed the pictures, too, Marie. I particularly liked the frog and turtle pictures, thinking how my children at school would like them!

I'd like to see one of you as well. I have enjoyed looking at all the pictures people have posted of themselves on this social board near the top where you click on 'pictures of some of our frequent posters'. It makes everyone seem more 'real'! :)

Today is my last day of vacation. Tomorrow we have professional development, Monday is Open House, Tuesday another meeting, and the children come to school Wednesday! It's always a little nerve-wracking to me in those days right before we start. Then when the children come, I settle down and enjoy it!

Suzanne :)

Re: OK, OK

marie on 7/31/03 at 15:39 (125804)

Ok, Ok I'll post a picture of myself next.

My first teacher day is Aug. 18. New teacher day is Aug. 15. I was in my room all day today. It's always crazy getting all my supplies unboxed and checked off and accounted for. Only 10 more boxes to go....then I have to find some strong football players to move 2000 lbs of clay. It's a little like Christmas because art supplies are cool. I found some inexpensive hand fans with kanji symbols on them as the old school does not have ac. I discovered fans while traveling in Japan.

Below is a link to my Japan site. My frontpage instructor put it up on her account until I get my main page done that will link to it.

http://157.91.66.184/eysterannette/index.htm

BevN. on 8/01/03 at 08:14 (125853)

marie,
What are you going to do with the fans? Are they going to be an art project? You surely have been busy, do you have far to travel to your new school in Ohio ? 2000 lbs of clay, you surely plan on making a lot of projects. I bet your classes are a lot of fun :) Your students are lucky to have you :)

marie on 8/01/03 at 09:09 (125860)

I bought the Kanji fans because my room is hot, they are for students to use to fan themselves. I bought nice fans that are blank. We will do Sumi paintings on them. Degas, Monet, Cassatt, and van Gogh all did beautiful fan paintings that were inspired by Japanese fans.

The drive is short enough to get there in a reasonable amount of time but long enough for me to unwind. I use to drive to Ohio when I taught at another school 6 years ago and will be taking the same roads. I drive through a small dying town. One morning I pulled up to the four way stop in the heart of this town and a deer was strolling down the street. It was a four way stop but she ignored the sign and ambled right through. I was relieved to see that the people who had chickens and turkies were no longer keeping poultry as they would let them out every morning to graze. I'd have to stop and beep my horn and wave my arms. One time the turkies were in the road and refused to leave. I got out of my car to shew them and the turkies and the chickens attacked me and tried to peck at my pantyhose. I bet there aren't too many people who have this experience while on their way to work in the morning.

marie

BevN. on 8/01/03 at 09:26 (125865)

marie,
:)