Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cosmetic foot surgery

Posted by Tammy on 8/01/03 at 02:12 (125840)

I have painless corns on the last two toes of each foot from wearing tight shoes, they are obviously very unsightly and i want to get rid of them. I am aware that i will have to correct the hammertoe problem before having cosmetic surgery to rid myself of the unsightly scars, but my question is who do I go to, how much does something like this cost, and is it common for a person to want to have cosmetic surgery performed on their feet?

Re: cosmetic foot surgery

chris on 8/01/03 at 07:56 (125848)

Hi! I had corn correction surgery on my little toe years ago {i guess that is what you would call it} Here's my story - I went to the pod because my big toe was hurting - he said I had a bunion - told me what they do to correct that and I said 'Oh, it doesn't hurt that bad' Anyway, while I was there I asked about the thing on my little toe. He said it was a corn caused from my little toe not lying flat nexst to the other. He said to correct it, he would go in and remove the bone joint so the toe woudl lay flat and the corn would go away. Personally, I think the guy just wanted to do surgery, what did I know.

Anyway, I had the surgery and all he needed to do was shave down the bone a bit. Recovery was okay, I think I was on crutches for about a week and able to drive within a couple of days and back to work. There was swelling for quite a few months. That was back in '99 and the corn has never returned.

Insurance paid for it so I can't tell you what it would cost.

I hope this helps.

BGCPed on 8/03/03 at 20:50 (126143)

If you are not going to start wearing bigger shoes and wider toe-box you will probably not have very good long term results. You cant get a dorsal corn if there is enough room for the toe to not rub

patty on 8/14/03 at 07:03 (126917)

You can't wear bigger shoes to correct a problem with only one toe and shouldn't have too when there is an easy solution to your problem. If I didn't have four kids I would have had this done years ago. Simple procedure,simple recovery, and most insurance will cover this.

Jennai N on 8/23/03 at 10:51 (127753)

Hi Patty,

I both welcomed and enjoyed reading the info regarding the corrective surgery on your toe(s).

This is my situation, . . . . I would like to have surgery to correct a condition which I believe to be hereditary because two family members have had corrective surgery for hammer toes; however, it was inffective because they are having the same problems they had prior to the surgery.

Please let me know if your corrective surgery was done by a cosmetic surgeon and\or by a podiatrist. Also, could you recommend someone who would do the procedure for me. {I live in the state of Michigan.}

I am very much interested in having the surgery to correct the condition with my second and third toe. Over the past 10 years I have suffered, continuously, with pain because of the ill-formation on the affected toes on both feet.