Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain or arch pain ??

Posted by felicia m. on 8/01/03 at 17:42 (125919)

i am a 38 year ole female who has heel spurs on both feet. i just started using the powersteps insoles. they most definately help with the heel pain, but by the end of the day my arches are so sore that i wonder which is worse,,, i guess that i should mention that i weigh 320 lbs. and i run a 125 ft. machine line for 10 hrs a day. my question is, should i ignore the arch pain in the hopes that my archs will toughen up and get used to the insoles, or is this too much weight for too long a period of time. i dont want to cause damage to my arches also.

Re: heel pain or arch pain ??

Dr. Ben P on 8/01/03 at 17:52 (125920)

I would think you are adjusting to the device.
If it does not improve consider one with a lower arch

Re: heel pain or arch pain ??

Richard. CPed on 8/02/03 at 19:57 (126033)

Hi Felicia...
The Powerstep inserts have a pretty good arch...your feet are just adjusting to them. If you can, you may want to cut back on the length of time you wear them until you are able to tolerate them all day.

With anything new like this, custom orthotics included, standing in one spot like you do really makes you feel the arch. Now if you were to have a job were you were walking around instead of standing in one spot, you would not feel it as much, and your feet would not be as 'tired and sore'. If you do not have one, look into a good thick fatigue mat.
Good Luck!!!