Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

We are Siamese if you pleeeeeez......

Posted by marie on 8/01/03 at 19:09 (125934)

we are siamese if you don't please. These are photos of my cats Meisha and Chloe. Meisha is Chloe's mom. Chloe's father is Hymalayen. He lives down the street in the greenhouse/nursery with his son Sammie. I finally finished the terrarium and have included photos of this Asian tropical environment. The venus flytraps have been doing their job. And the final photo will be a surprise.

marie

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3256eae053e

Re: We are Siamese if you pleeeeeez......

marie on 8/01/03 at 19:33 (125939)

I think that I msp it should be Himalayen...dang that neurontin!!!

BevN. on 8/02/03 at 07:58 (125965)

MARIE,
So who is the surprise? Who is that little girl? Your daughter? I thought you only had sons :)

Kathy G on 8/02/03 at 08:25 (125966)

I can't view the pictures on Shutterfly except in the small format. Nothing happens when I click on them. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? It happens with everyone's pictures and I'm missing everything!

marie on 8/02/03 at 09:10 (125971)

Click once on one of the photos. A larger picture will apear. In the upper right hand corner is a menu bar. Click play.

I hope that helps!

marie

Re: That's me

marie on 8/02/03 at 09:11 (125972)

Ha, Ha! Thanks but that's me. I am 45 and am post menopausal.

Carole C in NOLA on 8/02/03 at 09:40 (125978)

It doesn't work for me either. I think probably it only works for Apple people. When I click on one of the photos, I don't get a larger photo at all. When I click on the slide show, I get an error message.

I mentioned this before when John posted some photos. Why don't you send your photo to ScottR?

Carole

Carole C in NOLA on 8/02/03 at 09:42 (125979)

Me too, Kathy. The Mac users seem to be able to see them, but I have a conventional PC with Win98, and I don't think the site is set up for that.

Carole C

Re: Carole, Marie, Try this:

Sharon W on 8/02/03 at 09:44 (125980)

Try DOUBLE-clicking on the small photo; I don't have Apple, either, and that's what worked for me.

Sharon

Re: Kathy

Sharon W on 8/02/03 at 09:47 (125981)

Kathy,

Try clicking TWICE.

Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 8/02/03 at 09:47 (125982)

Nope, double clicking still takes me to http://www.shutterfly.com/home/signin_member.jsp which is obviously a member signin page.

I even joined, thinking that I had to be a member to see the photos. But signing in doesn't help.

Carole C

Re: Kathy

Carole C in NOLA on 8/02/03 at 09:48 (125983)

Doesn't make any difference at all, Kathy.

Carole

BevN. on 8/02/03 at 10:16 (125990)

marie,
meisha and chloe are adorable. Sounds like you have quite a friendly neighborhood there, they live and come and go as they please:) I don't know how you put these pictures on the shutterbug like this. I have a cute one to show, but don't know how to do it. My grandson asked me one day after looking at my zillions of photos 'where are you grandma' , I said I am right where I should be , Behind the camera :) I don't like pictures of me, however the kids get a joy out of sneeking pictures of me at times.
Your terrarium turned out so nice too . So nice to have that huge house to put it in. I just love all the greenry in your yard, so beautiful , my feet hurt just looking at it all thinking of all the work it took to do it :o I can't wait to be able to work out in my lovely yard again 8-(PIPE) One thing that attracted us to our new home was all the beautiful trees and shrubs ,and all. I do have lots of ideas tucked up in my head for good foot days /:)
Did your rains pass through okay? All of your 'pets' make it through okay? My grandsons loved the pictures of your turtles and frog :) Now they want me to make them a turtle pond. On my list :)
Have a nice weekend :) Bev

BevN. on 8/02/03 at 10:31 (125992)

Marie,

Me too. I am 57 and way postmenopausal . I love it when I go out with my daughter-in-law , though , as everyone thinks that we are sisters. My own sister gets really mad when we go places together and people think that I am her daughter, boy does she get upset. But I do try to take care of myself , in spite of this sitting around with this darned PF . I take these darned heart and blood pressure meds along with all these PF meds so it is so darned hard to keep the weight down as all these meds want to keep the wt. on you - ug :( Have a good day:) Bev

Kathy G on 8/02/03 at 11:57 (125997)

I did exactly the same thing, Carole, but my membership doesn't yield any results! Someone told me it works better when you click on the Slideshow but that didn't work for me, either.

marie on 8/02/03 at 12:43 (126004)

I am using my PC. We have many joyful computers.

marie on 8/02/03 at 13:09 (126007)

My sister and I had the same problem and she got really upset about it. She was having a midlife crisis and it did not help her ego at all. We are often mistaken for each other. There is a teacher at the high school in town who looks alot like me. We are mistaken for each other all the time. I refer to her as my athletic twin...she is the track coach. I consider it a compliment because she is just 29 years old.

I do have to watch my weight since menopause hit it seems that I go up and down all the time. My legs turned into mush last year because I had to sit on my butt all the time. I had to really make myself exercise.

Hang in there you will get through this.

marie on 8/02/03 at 13:15 (126008)

The rain finally stopped. We lost power last night but nothing major was damaged. We are suppose to have gloomy weather for the next 3 days. We bought a fishing boat 2 weeks ago but haven't had it in the water. We had to get all our licenses and life jackets and stuff. Now we have to wait til Wedns. I haven't been fishing since the boys were born. Of course I will probably just go along for the ride at first. Can't wait to go!!!

We enjoy our little turtle which reminds me I have to feed the little guy...he has a big appetite for such a tiny guy.

smiles, marie

marie

marie on 8/02/03 at 13:25 (126010)

If the link above doesn't work I'll send my photo to Scott.

marie

Peter R on 8/02/03 at 14:13 (126012)

It worked the first time you posted the link.

Carole C in NOLA on 8/02/03 at 16:49 (126017)

No,you are right, the slideshow doesn't work either. When I look at the bottom bar on my browser, it says something like 'error' or 'error on page'.

Maybe you and I are just destined to live in a pictureless limbo!

Carole C

Dorothy on 8/02/03 at 17:55 (126027)

Is that a current photo of you as you appear now?

If so, you must be living right, Marie. Forty-five is still young anyway, but your version of 45 looks even younger than most versions of 45!

JudyS on 8/02/03 at 20:19 (126042)

Great photos Marie! I'm curious about the terrarium - what is in that bowl-shaped thingy?

JudyS on 8/02/03 at 20:24 (126043)

Carole - I'm using a PC also (silly Macs anyway...:) ) and I didn't have any trouble accessing Marie's shutterfly site.

Carole C in NOLA on 8/02/03 at 20:30 (126044)

well pooh. LOL

Suzanne D on 8/02/03 at 22:11 (126058)

For some reason, even though I don't have an Apple, I can see the pictures. The way it works for me is that I see the first one large, then I click on 'next' at the top right-hand corner. After I look at the pictures, then when I click on the x at the top, a screen comes up with the small pictures. I can click on each one to see it bigger.

It really is a mystery why it doesn't work for some, isn't it? I wish everyone could see the pictures. I enjoy seeing what everyone contributes.

Suzanne :)

Carole C in NOLA on 8/02/03 at 22:23 (126060)

Suzanne said, 'For some reason, even though I don't have an Apple, I can see the pictures. The way it works for me is that I see the first one large, then I click on 'next' at the top right-hand corner. After I look at the pictures, then when I click on the x at the top, a screen comes up with the small pictures. I can click on each one to see it bigger.'

OK, for me, when I see the first one large, there isn't a 'next' at the top right-hand corner! I think we are getting to the bottom of the problem. I am deficient in 'next'! ;)

'A next, a next, my kingdom for a next!' Oh wait, that was 'A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!' I remember now. LOL

Instead of clicking on the absent next, I click on a big orange button labeled 'view pictures' just to the left of the big picture. When I click on 'view pictures', I get the thumbnails. When I then click on the thumbnails, I get the member sign-in page. If instead, I click on slideshow, my browser says 'error on page' in the grey toolbar at the bottom of the browser, and nothing happens.

Carole C

Re: To Carole

Kathy G on 8/03/03 at 08:54 (126079)

We'll just have to use our active imaginations when we look at the pictures. I know I can see a cat, some green foliage and a lady leaning against a rock. They look like nice pictures! :))

marie on 8/03/03 at 11:31 (126097)

It is a small pond or fountain mister. It puts out a very fine mist. You can find them at nurseries i had to order mine and waited 3 months for it.

It is great because it adds humidity to the air but it's not an ugly humidifier. It's not a hot mister and it turns itself off when the water level gets low. It adds an element of mystery to the terrarium.

marie

PS Judy what kind of computer are you using? PC or Mac

marie on 8/03/03 at 11:38 (126100)

Dorothy,

That's me...I'll be 46 in a couple of weeks. Genetics mostly i guess. I take care of myself but not as much as you think. Aside from that my hubby is a professional photographer....he knows how to pose people at the right angles.

marie

marie

JudyS on 8/03/03 at 20:17 (126135)

Marie, thanks for the information - I may decide to add that kind of 'fountain' in to my new back yard. My computer is a Gateway PC.
(silly Macs anyway :) )