Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recommendation of a doctor in So Cal

Posted by lee on 8/02/03 at 12:33 (126001)

I've been suffering with foot pain for going on six years. I ruptured the fascia of my right foot due to many, way too many, injections for PF pain. From this I've never recovered. The medial pain finally resolved but left me with horrible, crippling pain in the lateral bottom and the subtalar joint. Cuboid syndrome and stress fractures have been ruled out by bone scan and MRI. The doctors I've seen (2 pods and ortho foot & ankle guy) have different opinions of what is going on and how to deal with it. To make a long story short, I'm desperate and confused. I'd really like recommendations for a doctor or doctors in the LA/Santa Barbara area for another opinion. If you have any thoughts I'd like to hear them. Thanks so much for your time.

Re: Recommendation of a doctor in So Cal

Dr. Z on 8/02/03 at 17:22 (126022)

What has been told you so far. ? Fusion?

lee on 8/02/03 at 20:33 (126046)

One wants to do a fusion. Another thinks there is tramatic arthritis from an old fracture to the lateral process of the talus and wants to fix that and also release the lateral band of the fascia. Another says before a fusion he'd like to go in through the peroneal tendon sheath and look at the tendons ( they appear thick on a MRI) on the way to the lateral process and then check out the sinus tarsi.

Dr. Z on 8/02/03 at 21:42 (126055)

This is a tough decision. The fusion should be the last procedure to be done. IF the joint surface is normal on the mri and there is no crepitation in the joints then fusion would be the lasat thing to do

BGCPed on 8/03/03 at 20:47 (126142)

There is a good foot/ankle MD at UC Santa Barbara. His name is Dr Anthoney VanBurgyk. You may want to look him up for another opinion

lee on 8/04/03 at 00:38 (126157)

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look him up.