Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Try this Link

Posted by marie on 8/02/03 at 13:00 (126005)

Last time I had this problem I emailed the link to my hubby and then posted it again. e-mail should re-write the code correctly.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3255c2105a8

marie

Re: Try this Link

Carole C in NOLA on 8/02/03 at 16:53 (126018)

There you are! I still can't see any of the other photos; what your husband did was to re-arrange the order of the photos rather than to re-write the code correctly. But at least I can see the photo of you because it is now first, and so it is the large one. Cute photo!

What kind of sandals are you wearing?

Carole C

Re: Carole stick with me on this ....be my eyes at the other end.

marie on 8/03/03 at 11:20 (126096)

Hmmmm. I am still going to work on this. You see PC's and Macs are compatable in every way except through Microsoft products. We go from our Macs to PCs all the time. We use a PC for the Internet and web pages. What is not compatable are the microsaft and apple softwares. Hotmail will automatically put everything into the correct html code. My hubby didn't do anything I just used his email account as a test vehicle. That is why I have all the teacher's send me everything they want me to post on the internet through hotmail. That way I know I won't have any cute microsoft gremlins showing up. I primarily work in Adobe products, Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator, Premier, GoLive and InDesign. I have a hard time with transfering some of my Adobe work into Microsoft products. For instance I can create a Animated GIF in ImageReady and put it into my FrontPage web but I cannot preview it in the browser as they are not compatable. It will load on the web though. I can load the same GIF on the web and then copy and paste it into frontpage and be able to view it in the browser. I don't like Microsoft products because of all the gremlins and the constant battle of new ones popping up all the time. What you saw was the original order that I had on shutterfly. I didn't rearrange them prior to posting the second time. So you did not have a button show up on your view that saids view pictures? Please bear with me because I may ask you to continue to be my test at the other end. So if I ask questions please know that I am simply approaching this as a problem solving element. John may be able to email his shutterbug link to someone with a PC and then send it back to him it could be pasted from there. THANKS!!!!!!

marie

PS I may post another test later today.

marie on 8/03/03 at 11:33 (126098)

Carole do you have Quicktime and/or RealOne Player? That may be the problem. I just downloaded RealOne player.

Re: Marie, you need to read what I've already posted on this

Carole C in NOLA on 8/03/03 at 11:33 (126099)

No, Marie. To repeat yet once again - - lol - - As I posted I think quite clearly to Suzanne, I very specifically and definitely stated that I have no problem seeing a button that says View Pictures. It takes me to the thumbnails only.

You can read my post to Suzanne for all the details after that. No sense in cluttering up the board with infinite repetitions of this, unless you get some sort of satisfaction out of it.

I can't see John's shutterbug photos either. Shutterbug is apparently a pretty badly done site; at any rate it is not available to my normal, average, everyday, PC with Win98 and MSIE 5.5.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 8/03/03 at 11:39 (126101)

Quicktime is an Apple program. Nevertheless, my computer came with it installed, as well as Realplayer. I rarely if ever use Quicktime, though Realplayer is necessary for many news sites and so on.

Neither of these programs should affect a site that only shows photos at all, unless the code is an incredible mess.

Carole C

Re: Marie, you need to read what I've already posted on this

marie on 8/03/03 at 12:53 (126107)

Thanks Carole. You're right don't want to continue to clutter up with posts. Quicktime is for PCs....I teach computer graphics, animation and film making and only use Quicktime and RealOne on 15 PCs with windows 98......I never use Windows media player (again a microsoft product and doesn't work with everything out there). Don't believe everything Microsoft tells you, they want you to buy their products. I am PC and Mac fluent and have been for 25 years. This is what I do for a living. You need to have a good media player to view a slide show. Just a tip. I have found that RealOne is the most compatable. I am sure others have their own opinion on which one they prefer. I am on a PC right now with Quicktime on it. No disreespect just trying to help you out....or maybe someone else. Have a good day!

Re: Why a slide show won't play? Need QT for PCs, RealOne or Flash.

marie on 8/03/03 at 13:29 (126110)

One last thing consider downloading Flash....forgot about that one. It's compatable with about everything and is a favorite amongst the 12-25 age group.

Carole C in NOLA on 8/03/03 at 13:44 (126111)

Marie, I have Flash. What do Flash, Quicktime, and Realplayer have to do with simply viewing a photo? I've never had any trouble posting photos that everyone could see here, whether they had software other than a browser or not. This is so weird.

Carole C

marie on 8/03/03 at 14:34 (126112)

I do not know what program was or is in use at shutterfly. When you hit the play button you are choosing to operate a multi-media function. If you don't have the correct media player installed it won't happen nor will it come up. I have Flash, Quicktime, RealOne and of course windows media player on my computer. It could be any one of these that it is functioning off of. I could not open John's file either when he posted it. The two new media players I have downloaded since are Flash and RealTime. It may be a simple gremlin showing itself at shutterfly and a problem at their site. But my guess is the glitch is something I have that you don't.

No one person can know everything about a computer technology it is too vast. It's not so much knowing everything as it is about problem solving. My computer class is the only one in the school that the students (who think they are tech gods) are totally and completely stumped. I usually have mostly boys in class but am glad to see more girls joining. They refer to me as the digital goddess....but not to my face as I will so write them up....in truth I am knowledgable yes, but what I am best is a problem solver.

All one can do is try it see if it works...if it doesn't then ya just take it off the list.

marie