Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hello to my fellow suffers.

Posted by Sandra D on 8/03/03 at 20:33 (126139)

I have not posted for a week. My family and I went on vacation to N. Myrtle Beach SC. I had a great time except for my feet. Sitting on the beach watching so many people walking without any pain BAREFOOTED, I was filled with envy. I could not help but think of all the names of the messages I read each day on this web site. I had a hard time walking across the soft sand to even get to our umbrella. After getting there, I had to stay a couple of hours just to get the nerve to hobble back to the condo. Needless to say I was very stressed. It is hard to walk the beach in New Balances with inserts when everyone else is walking in the water. All in all I made it well except for the walk to the beach and God forbit just standing in the water. I am trying not to sound bitter, I am thankful for my feet even if they are hurt. I vow to get well so next year I can walk in the water and across the sand.

Re: Hello to my fellow suffers.

BevN. on 8/03/03 at 21:11 (126145)

Sandra D,
You don't think you started a new trend ' NB on the Beach ' :B

Us PF'ers have to do a lot of of nerdy things just to get by in our daily lives, don't we ~~ socks with our Birks ~~ NB with dress pants to church ,etc. Oh, well, I bet you were the bestest looking girl on that beach , New Balance and all :) The important thing was that you were able to go on vacation with your family and have a good time. I hope you were not in very much pain . I really do feel your frustration , I admire you for even going , that took a lot of courage .

marie on 8/04/03 at 08:37 (126169)

I love Myrtle Beach! We went to Saugatuck for vacation. We spent every day at Oval Beach and I know just what you mean about the sand and I hated to wear my birks because I didn't want to reck them in the water.

Be patient and keep up the hard work you are doing to get well.....next year will be better.

marie

john h on 8/04/03 at 10:16 (126183)

When I was young and single Myrtle Beach was the place to meet the girls. Also a lot of fighter pilots hang out there.