Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thank you, Tim and Shea!

Posted by Sharon W on 8/04/03 at 14:09 (126212)

Tim, you posted this, but I wanted to re-post it where more people would get to see it:

http://www.post-gazette.com/healthscience/19990209flatfeet1.asp

Thanks, Tim, for sharing those articles! And thank you, Shea, for bringing it to our attention!

I don't have flat feet, but my husband and two of my daughters do... and one of them already has problems with foot pain. Who knows, maybe this info can help her someday!

Sharon

Re: Here's the other one -- thanks, Tim!

Sharon W on 8/04/03 at 14:12 (126213)

Here's the other article that Tim posted on this subject (it fell off the page, so I figure some of us may have missed seeing it):

http://www.visitkmi.com/mbaphy.html

Sharon

lauriel on 8/04/03 at 17:13 (126224)

Sharon, interesting article, I have never heard of 'flexible' flat feet until I had my PT and that is what they said I have. My mother also has flat feet and her three sisters and brother have had knee replacement surgery.
Laurie

Tim on 8/04/03 at 18:02 (126228)

You're welcome!! There really isn't much information available out there about surgery for flat feet. What is out there is mostly in medical terminology and difficult for the average person to understand. Like I mentioned earlier, I had a different type of surgery than the ones mentioned in the articles and would be more than happy to share my experiences with anyone who would like to know!!

Re: Thank you, Tim and Shea!

Dorothy on 8/04/03 at 18:50 (126234)

This is really fascinating information...and I note that, again, the suggestion of a connection between foot problems and knee, hip and back problems!

Re: Thank you, Tim and Shea!

Sharon W on 8/04/03 at 19:03 (126235)

Hip bone connected to the... thigh bone
Thigh bone connected to the... knee bone
Knee bone connected to the... shin bone...

I've often wondered by many people don't seem to realize that feet are the foundation of the body, so if something goes wrong with them, there are going to be problems elsewhere as well. Feet are the most complex part of the human body. (I find biomechanics quite interesting -- and I can easily imagine that they compose a large portion of a podiatrist's required study, since it is such a complicated subject.)

Sharon
:D

Sharon W on 8/05/03 at 16:44 (126294)

Tim,

I would be interested to hear more about the surgery that you had. I do worry about my daughter -- not so much about what's going on right now, as what problems she may encounter down the road with those feet of hers...

Sharon
:-s