Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstocks helping

Posted by Sheryl C on 8/05/03 at 17:57 (126313)

Hi everyone,

I posted last week about looking for SAS shoes.

This last weekend I bought a pair of Arizona softbed Birkenstocks and my foot is already improving! When I first slipped them on Monday morning and walked from the bed to the bathroom I had NO HEEL PAIN for the first time in over 2 months. I'm sure it helped that I had been resting my feet on Sunday, and using ice too.

Now my newish AVIA athletic shoes are bugging me -- guess I might have to try New Balance, which I've read about on this board.

When my budget allows, I'll be getting those and SAS too.

Thanks to you all for being here!

--Sheryl

Re: Glad to hear it!

Carole C in NOLA on 8/05/03 at 18:34 (126316)

Sheryl, I'm glad to hear that your Birkenstocks are helping!!! Now be sure to take it easy and not overdo.... we don't want any relapsing here! :)

Great news. Thanks

Carole C

Re: Birkenstocks helping

Suzanne D on 8/05/03 at 20:57 (126340)

Oh, good, Sheryl! I wear the Arizona soft footbed sandals, too. I've had my first pair (dark brown) for two years now. I recently ordered a tan pair from the German site. That color wasn't available anywhere else that I could find in the soft footbed. I can tell now that the new ones are more supportive. I guess I've really worn down my first pair more than I realized. But they will always be the ones I keep by the side of the bed. The insides are worn down to a more slick finish and feel so cool when I step into them.

Hope they continue to help!
Suzanne :)

Re: Birkenstocks helping

Sheryl C on 8/06/03 at 10:13 (126381)

Carole & Suzanne,

Great to get your responses. Of course I DID overdo it yesterday, and am trying be more careful today.

I need to break the Birkenstocks in slowly, like everyone (this board, the store owner, the instructions) told me.

--Sheryl