Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video


Posted by shawntah on 8/06/03 at 00:33 (126357)

Hello I was just diaganosed by a pod that i have sever pf he want's me to get insoles.I have read about a hard short walking cast and cruches will this work??? and also i ame on my feet for 8 hrs a day at work is this doing me more harm,would pf be considered a disability ? until the insoles work .i can't take the pain any longer.I feel better when i am not doing any weightbearing activities

Re: PF

Aly on 8/06/03 at 17:07 (126424)

Hi Shawntah,

There is no sure way to cure PF - each person is different in how they respond to treatment - so it's impossible to say what will or will not work for you. If you haven't read it already, The Heel Pain Book, found on this site, is very informative and can give you many ideas on how to treat PF. For starters, try ice - many of us have found that icing our feet several times a day can really help control the pain.

Your feet will probably have a hard time healing if you are on your feet 8 hours a day - the pain on weight-bearing is a message from your body to sit down! Ignoring the pain can result in your condition becoming much worse (I, like many people on this site, can now only stand for about 5 minutes at a time, because I stood / walked through the pain).

I am unsure about whether or not PF can be considered a disability - I personally think it should be! - maybe someone else reading this can shed some light on that topic...

Good luck, take care of your feet, and keep us posted with how things are going. :)

Re: PF

marie on 8/08/03 at 19:19 (126611)

Aly has made some good suggestions. Most importantly get off your feet asap. Can you change your duties at work? Can you do your job seated?

Working on hard cement floors and not listening to my feet is what really did me in. Disability is difficult to get especially so early in your dx and you must be able to prove that you are totally incapable of doing anything. If your hands work they just tell you to find a job sitting down. Have your doctor give you some work restrictions if necessary.

PF takes a long to time to heal. Do what your doc saids. And visit here often you'll find that most of the folks here will be more than happy to share and support.

best wishes, marie