Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New hairdo....

Posted by marie on 8/06/03 at 10:28 (126384)

I've rarely been to a beauty parlor until my feet. Someone gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure last year when I was barely walking and much to my delight I loved it. If you are able treat your feet to a pedicure get one. Your feet may not feel good but at least they will look good. While I was there I made an appointment for my hair and had it cut and highlighted. That was the cut in the photo I posted. I took a plunge yesterday and got a little shorter cut with bangs and I really like it.

My hairdresser is all of 20 but she is wonderful and has always treated me like royalty. She gives a scalp and neck massage that is included in the haircut. A good deal for $16.00. The last time I was there she had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting. Yesterday she gave me a bottle of nail polish so I can make my puffed up feet look better.

I have never been a very high maintenance type of person but I have to admit a little primping can lighten your spirits....aside from that it's part of the culture of being female.

GUYS don't shy away from getting a pedicure. You don't have to have the polish and the massage (if included) is great.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

marie

Re: New hairdo....

Necee on 8/06/03 at 22:30 (126454)

I know what you mean about the pedicure, I had my first one about 6 months ago, and I loved it! Not being a high maintenance gal either I could get use to all that pampering though.

I'd say you got a good deal Marie if you got the 'Royal treatment' for just $16. I have to pay $45, and I don't even get as much as a cracker!! Guess that's why I go only once a month.
I went today for highlights and trim, we did discuss cutting my hair. It's very long (waistline length), and I've had long hair all my life, so cutting it would be a major thing for me. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave.

Happy trails....

Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 8/06/03 at 22:50 (126455)

Necee, I cut my hair (which I hadn't even trimmed since 1990 or 1992) right before Mardi Gras last spring. After being cut it was about chin length.

Last weekend I had it cut even shorter. It is short enough that it can be one of those 'wash and go' haircuts if I feel like it. It's kind of a jolt to see it so short, but I like the variety of a different haircut! It's fun to experiment with it to see what it will do. Maybe some day I will grow it long again, but not quite yet.

You just might like it. :)

Carole C

marie on 8/07/03 at 09:48 (126466)

I had very long hair for years. It was the style or not in style to cut it in the 70's. In the early nineties I finally had it cut to the middle of my back. Then I had an awful perm done soo as soon as it got long enough I had it cut off. It was at the middle of my back until last year.

My hair is still shoulder length but layered so it drys and styles easily. I had to make a quick grocery run yesterday (which is never quick in a small town) and ran into some of my former students...they all really liked the cut...so I trust their opinion....teenage girls are always on fashion patrol.

Today I am learning how to get the boat in and out of the water....I had dreams last night about a 90 lb bass. I was glad when I woke up.

marie