Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To SteveG

Posted by Molly H on 8/08/03 at 00:23 (126542)

HI Steve~
I know you had a 2nd treatment in May (around the time when I got my first ESWT treatment) I am wondering how are you doing now??????????

Thanks!

Molly

Re: To SteveG

SteveG on 8/08/03 at 09:44 (126557)

Molly - I am doing better these days. I would say I am about 60-70% improved over where I was 6 months ago. I still get some pain at the insertion and in my arches, but overall I am better. I can walk farther and stand for longer periods of time. I bought a foot trainer and I am doing those exercises every night. The muscles in my feet have atrophied to some degree, and I am going to see if building up those muscles does not lead to further improvement. Other than that, I where my night spling, take it fairly easy, etc. I see that Rachel T had a shoe recommendation. I might try that for a while and see if that does not benefit me that way it has her - she and I have had very similiar cases.

Carol S. on 8/08/03 at 11:51 (126574)

Steve, I just found this board and am so amazed that there are so many people with the same horrible pain I have lived with for 10 years and no one seems to know how to fix it!

What is a foot trainer? I would be interested to know what it is and if it works?

I was finally diagnosed yesterday with TTS (after having surgery 10 years ago for PF, unsuccessfully, I might add!) Every letter posted I can identify with!

Good luck to you!
Carol

SteveG on 8/08/03 at 14:04 (126583)

Carol - Welcome to the board. You will find a lot of great people and useful advice. The Foot Trainer is a device(s) used for strenghtening the muscles in the feet. You will find reference to it on this site. Here is the URL -

http://www.foottrainer.com/

You should post a note to the TTS board on this site. You can talk about your diagnosis and get some feedback on treatment options.

Carol S. on 8/08/03 at 15:29 (126589)

Thanks, Steve! How long have you been using this tool and do you feel it is helping you?

Do you also use the massager and oil? I know the only reason I get a pedicure is for the foot massage!

Carol S.

SteveG on 8/08/03 at 15:46 (126591)

Carol - I have only been using it for a couple of weeks - so it is a bit early to tell. I don't use the massager or the oil.

Molly H on 8/10/03 at 01:13 (126669)

Hi Steve!
I am happy to hear you are getting better! I am considering getting a 2nd ESWT on my left foot. I too bought the foot trainers. Hopefully they will work!

Molly