Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cheap Shower Flip Flops

Posted by Dermot on 8/08/03 at 18:55 (126610)

Now that I am Birk'ed to the max and soon to have my orthotics and some new running shoes ($$$$$$$$$), can someone recommend a cheap flip flop for when I am at the 'Y'?
Obviously with a good arch support.
Any suggestions or experience here?
I was going to get some before I got PF anyway to ward off fungus mungus - now I have two reasons. : P

Re: Cheap Shower Flip Flops

Aly on 8/12/03 at 16:20 (126786)

I hesitate to offer the suggestion, because they're NOT cheap like you wanted - but there are waterproof Birks 'Haiti' available for poolside etc. But they cost $60...

Dermot on 8/12/03 at 21:28 (126809)

Well I guess that is a cheap Birki : P
Anyone have an even cheaper solution?
Thanks Aly

francesc on 8/13/03 at 15:33 (126856)

well, someone suggested to me to get some Reef's flip-flops. i think they are supposed to be somewhat molded but when i looked at them they were about $35 a pair. not that cheap! i didn't even try them on (i wasn't experienced about good shoes at the time).

i got some Mossimo brand waterproof slides at Target. i don't know if they have them for men. they have a molded footbed -- not as good as Birks but, a lot cheaper -- about $8 - $12. i would check target.com if you don't have a store near you. their summer stock is all on sale and going.

hope this helps. oh, and i think you can get Reef's at Journey's which is like a teeny-bopper type of shoe store.

Re: Try this site...

francesc on 8/13/03 at 15:36 (126857)

try this site: http://www.Active-Sandals.com

they carry Reef and a bunch of others. :-)

Re: Try this site...

Dermot on 8/13/03 at 20:11 (126883)

Yep...that $22.00 Black one seems about right.
Better than bare feet!
Thanks a bunch francsc.

JoAnn on 8/14/03 at 10:22 (126928)

I bought a pair of 'Pali Hawaii' sandals from Eckard drugstore last year. They look just like the Birk Arizona style for less then $8.00, they have the contoured footbed with arch. They seem to work just fine and great at the beach. I don't know if they still have them but its worth looking into.

Diana on 8/15/03 at 22:09 (127093)

I have a pair of SoHo's that I bought at KMart about 3 years ago. They work great in the shower and for walking on the beach. Didn't pay much, about $2.00 on sale. However, this year I looked for them again and couldn't find anything like them.