Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Supplements promote PF healing?

Posted by Kathy L on 8/09/03 at 16:53 (126650)

A couple of months ago I posted my problem with PF and leg pains. Since then I've been using everyone's advice about using heel gel pads, stretching, physical therapy, REST and I even had a iontophoresis cortizone treatment. My onset began last January, and my improvement since I began taking a proactive self treatment had resulted in about a 20-40% improvement. I still had pain daily, primarily in afternoon/evening.
Then I began taking a number of supplements to prepare for some outpatient surgery on something entirely unrelated, to promote healing and reduce bruising. Two weeks of these supplements and I realized my heel/foot/leg pains were gone, period. I am amazed, and will wait to see if the positive results last, and will try to slowly return to activities I did 6 months ago.
I'd like to find out if others have any experience or knowledge as to which of these supplements (or all) are likely to have been the one(s) which worked. As directed for my doctor, I took these twice daily and still are continuing to do so after 2 weeks:
Vitamin C, 1000 mg
Zinc 50mg
Coenzyme Q-10 100mg
L-Carnitine 500mg
MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane)
Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg
Those that aren't in a drug store can be found in a health food store, and none caused stomach upset or any side effects as long as I took with meals.
I'll be anxious to hear from others who can try this or have experience with them, as perhaps certain one(s) are the best and the others not related to my PF healing.