Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Brooks Ariel Shoe

Posted by Rachael T. on 8/13/03 at 18:00 (126872)

I am still happy with this Brooks Ariel Shoe (non-hour glass shape of sole!); that I am wearing with a medium heel lift & NO orthotic.....my feet are much more happy & I have returned to a more normal lifestyle & less pain! I continue to be cautious though. I just thought I'd update you on this adventure 'against' pf.......as after approximately 4 wks. of wearing - they are still good & improving!

Re: Brooks Ariel Shoe

Carole C in NOLA on 8/16/03 at 08:48 (127113)

Rachael, I'm glad your feet are behaving and that the Brooks Ariel shoe is working so well for you. :)

I'm also glad that you are being cautious! I've found that even when my feet feel 100% better, it is easier to re-injure the PF than it used to be. I guess it probably takes a long time after recovery before they become as strong as before. Stretching a few times during the day is important for me in recovery, too.

You have definitely encouraged me (and probably others) to take a look at the Brooks Ariel! Where did you get the heel lift? Was it over the counter?

If you are the same Rachael that I know from the board, who rides horses professionally, do you still wear your boots when you ride? I'm trying to get an idea of whether the Brooks Ariel is your main shoe during the day, or if you are wearing boots during much of the day and wearing Brooks Ariel in the evenings only.

Thanks, and again I'm so glad your feet are feeling good lately!

Carole C

Re: Brooks Ariel Shoe

RACHAEL T. on 8/16/03 at 15:20 (127136)

HI & yes, Carol - I am the horsetrainer -- I now wear my boots in the barn only with the sorbathane medium heel lift that was sold to me with my Brooks Ariel Shoes. My boots are also worn now w/o an orthotic; just the regular, but good insole orthotic that came with them. I use a Mephistor & sometimes, an Ariat Boot.......I wear my sneakers if I am not riding & not walking in the sawdust arena......I'd say my Brooks are my main shoe with Birk Clogs (Bostons) in the house in the evenings for 'rest time.' I got the heel lift at the shoe store which deals alot with Runners & sportsters from PSU - Rapid Transit Shoe Store at State College, Pa. I will return there when it is time for new sneakers as they truly were most helpful & informed individuals!

Re: Thanks for the information, Rachael! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 8/16/03 at 16:46 (127140)