Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fasciitis

Posted by Melissa S on 8/13/03 at 19:45 (126881)

I've had plantar fasciitis for about 7 years but have started treatment in the last year and a half or so. At first my Dr. had me try stretches, over-the-counter orthotics, wrapping my feet, and naproxen. That didn't work so we tried custom orthotics, night splints, ice, and continued stretches. That didn't work so he injected cortisone and I went to physical therapy. Those things didn't work. He put me in an immobilization boot. That didn't work either. So I had foot surgery on my right foot. That didn't work so he injected my right foot again and gave me vioxx. That did'nt work. Well I'm just about giving up. Nothing has worked for either of my feet. I'm in so much pain it hurts just to sit and have my feet touch the floor. I can't even do the shopping anymore. My Dr. says he's still hopeful but I've tried absolutely everything. I've even lost some weight, which is hard to do because I can't be active anymore. Is there anything I can maybe ask my Dr. that we haven't already tried? I'll try anything at this point. Thank you.

Re: Plantar fasciitis

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/14/03 at 16:49 (126956)

Melissa:
You have yet to try ESWT. It is the gold standard for treatment at this time.
Ed