Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tenosynovitis

Posted by jenna on 8/13/03 at 20:32 (126891)

i had EPF in march 2003 and my foot felt better for about 2 months with no problems and since last month i have had severe pain from my ankle to the top of my foot. i went to my foot doctor and he took xrays nothng was broken or fracture he said i have tenosynovitis and he put my foot in a cast for 4 weeks. my question is, what is the long term results of this problem after it heals? or if it dont heal when does surgery come into concept? since i injured my ankle with this problem will i always have this problem? please email me infomation about tenosynovitis!!! or let me know what website i can research about tenosynovitis!! thank you very much for your time!!!

Re: tenosynovitis

Dr. Z on 8/13/03 at 21:09 (126899)

Tenosynovitis can be from an injury. It also can be from lack of plantar fascia support that comes from having an EPF procedure. You need to determine the cause especially the biomechanic of your foot May need orthosis if you have foot mechanical problems. Casing, rest, physical therapy can really help you over the acute stage. Time will tell with your long term future foot

Re: tenosynovitis

Brenda S. on 8/19/05 at 08:46 (180781)

Type the word in your search line on the computer and info will come up on the subject. Go to the Health section of the internet and find info on tenosynovitis. That is the way I found this TTS message board.