Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf,at and tts

Posted by shawntah on 8/13/03 at 21:51 (126905)

Hello I just found out that i have plantar fasciitisin one foot,acillies tendonites in both and tarsol tunnel syndrom.I am off work right now and i work about 9 hrs on my feet.Could anyone give me a time when they think i can go back to work any advise would be wonderful.thank-you SB

Re: pf,at and tts

Kathy G on 8/14/03 at 08:40 (126922)

I think we all would advise you to carefully read the Heel Pain Book. Scott has some wonderful information in there. There seems to be no timeline as far as length or term of disability. Every case is very individual. The only words of wisdom I can offer you is to not overdo it, especially in the beginning. Rest, icing and gentle stretching worked best for me personally.

Good luck and keep checking this Board for information. Just about everything I know about these conditions I learned here!

john h on 8/14/03 at 09:54 (126925)

SB I do not think anyone can tell you when you will be able to go back to work. Only you will know. Give us an idea of what you are doing to cure your problems and what is your Doctor advising you to do. With all your problems it sure sounds like you are doing something mechanically wrong like not wearing proper footware. I would get a second opinion on your diagnosis to be sure you know what you are dealing with and are treating it in the proper manner.

shawntah on 8/16/03 at 11:53 (127129)

thank-you for your response.I guess everyone's recovery time isn't the same.Another thing i just started to use the night splint and it makes my foot go to sleep,is this bad?I am thinking 6 month's until it's all better,is that too long..Thank-you for your help.

Carolyn L on 8/16/03 at 18:23 (127144)

I just recently heard about a shoe that helps with plantar fasciitis. They are called Z-CoiL's. You can find out about them at http://www.zcoil.com