Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nurse unable to work due to pain of tt and heel spurs?

Posted by Darlene N on 8/14/03 at 09:46 (126924)

I have had pain in my ankles and feet since the age of 15 that I can remember maybe even longer but that is when I began working and being on them all the time. I worked full time up until three years ago but have found myself unable to work full time and have been only working 20 hours a week the last 3 years due to the pain. I was told years ago that I had heel spurs and to do the exercises for that which did help it got me this far. Recently I was involved in a roll over accident and just before that a week or two I was diagnosed with tarsal tunnel since the accident walking is unbearable can you tell me what may have caused it to worsen so abrubtly. I am scheduled to see an orthopedic surgeon in September. Also can I really have heel spurs and tarsol tunnel at the same time and maybe something else too since the pain began so young. I am a mess.
Thank you.

Re: nurse unable to work due to pain of tt and heel spurs?

marie on 8/15/03 at 22:15 (127095)

Darlene,

I would suggest reading Scott's heel pain book here at the site. Maybe it'll give you some answers. Sorry to hear that you're hurting. We have several nurses that post here so you're in good company.

best wishes, marie