Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video


Posted by Tommy Gauthreaux on 8/14/03 at 12:53 (126937)

I need help with warts on my feet

Re: Warts

Sharon W on 8/14/03 at 13:36 (126942)


You need to see a podiatrist right away. A wart on the bottom of your foot is called a plantar wart, and it can become quite painful (as you probably know). Warts are contagious (caused by a virus) so if you try to pick at it with a needle or sharp scissors or something, you can make the problem spread to another part of your feet or perhaps to your hands or somewhere else -- so don't do that. If your have several warts all in the same area you might have what is called a 'mosaiac', which is usually more difficult to get rid of than a single wart would be, and in that case it's even MORE important in that case to get to a foot specialist right away for treatment.

There are various different kinds of treatment for warts but in many cases doctors will try to remove it with acid first. This usually involves the doctor cutting away at the wart in his/her office, ('debridement') applying a strong acid solution to the wart area, bandaging it up, and then probably having you rub on acidic cream or use acidic drops in the area for a week or so before doing it all over again. This may have to be done two or three times before the wart is all gone.

My daughter is going through this right now. Applying the acid is obviously a little bit painful, but it's better than keeping the wart!


Re: Warts

Dr. A on 8/14/03 at 17:21 (126964)

look for a podiatrist who uses a pulse dye laser for warts in your area.
I have found this to be an effective and simple treatment option