Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS Surgery done

Posted by Michaeld on 8/14/03 at 13:49 (126943)

Well, since I did get some good feedback at this site prior to my surgery, I thought I would give a post surgery update:

I had my TTS surgery done on 7/25. He also made an incision on the top side of my foot to relieve the nerve there that was causing numbing at the top of my 1st and 2nd toes. Of course it's way too early to determine the final effect of the surgery, but so far so good.

I have about a 7 inch incision on the back and lower area around my right ankle. I was on crutches until 8/12, at which time I had my second post op visit. All the sutchers and staples have been removed except for 5 staples in the large incision for an additional week. I am absolutely amazed at how pain free this procedure has proven to be. I have experienced zero internal discomfort around the surgery areas. The only thing I feel is the topical stingy feeling around the incisions. I am now walking with a bit of a limp, using an ankle brace and a surgery boot. I can feel it working out the tightness in the ankle already.

I had several folks from this site ask me about the Ultrasound procedure that indicated that I had a 50% compression in the Tarsal Tunnel. Expressing their doubt that Sonigrams could determine such. Well maybe it's voodoo, but this Radiologist hit it pretty much on the money. As it turned out I had a 70% compression, which according to my PDM was a congenital condition that was was likely aggrevated by physical trauma. I will have my left ankle done if this one proves to be effective. I still have a lot of numbness around a good portion of my foot, but I don't feel the pain like I did before the surgery.

I feel very confident in the PDM and Radiologist that have been involved.
THey no doubt know their stuff.

Re: TTS Surgery done

marie on 8/14/03 at 21:04 (126984)

That's good news so far! Please keep us updated. Sounds like you have great doctors.

Re: TTS Surgery done

lara on 8/20/03 at 08:47 (127373)

That's great. If I can impose on you a little bit - when you have the time, it would be useful for many of us you you posted your response to your doctor on the 'Rate your Doctor' portion of this message board. We need to spread the words about doctors that are helpful too us.