Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

In a lot of pain.

Posted by Sandra D on 8/14/03 at 20:22 (126977)

Need some advice. My right foot has been really hurting for about 2 days. I have fairly new shoes (new balance) and inserts called spenco. Even the top of my toe is hurting. It really feels like the heel is on fire. I don't know if I did anything unsual, I really don't think so. Sometimes their is pain in the arch of the foot. I have been doing all the things I read on this site. Icing, taping, and rest (of course as much as possible I still have to make a living). Any advice will be appreciated.

Sandra D

Re: In a lot of pain.

marie on 8/14/03 at 21:01 (126982)

Sandra, You poor thing. I know just how bad it can be. I am so sorry you are in this pain.

A massage on your calves and foot might help with the immediate pain. Has your doctor given you medication for the pain? It sounds like something has flared up for sure. You may want to see your doctor soon.

Maybe the shoes and inserts aren't right for you. Everyone is different it seems. Try breaking them in a little slower.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

marie

Kathy G on 8/15/03 at 08:50 (127017)

Hi Sandra D,

I'm so sorry you're hurting so bad. Are you seeing a Pod? Has he mentioned orthotics? Sounds like the Spencos aren't the answer. They killed me, too. Has he mentioned trying an anti-inflammatory? They help some people. Are you doing the yoga stretches?

Please refresh my memory. Do you need to stand a great deal while working? Is there any way you can reduce the amount of time you need to spend on your feet?

Lots of questions and no solutions from me, I know. I believe the most important thing you can do is call your doctor and tell him how much pain you are experiencing.

By the way, many of us have pain in our arches from PF. For a number of years, I had no heel pain at all.

Hope you get some relief and can at least stay off your feet and baby them this weekend!

john h on 8/15/03 at 11:38 (127034)

I have been doing simple taping on my right foot for past couple of weeks and my pain level has been hanging around a 1.for past three weeks. Feet have been better than they have been in 8 years. Do not know what the deal is but just accept it. I posted a year or so ago that I had read PF generally goes away in 10 years so just hang on Brian...

Re: Great news!

Carole C in NOLA on 8/15/03 at 11:48 (127035)

John, that is great to hear. Maybe soon you will see the end of your PF pain!

Mine is not bad, though it's not as good as it was last summer. But then, I haven't been trying very hard with my conservative treatments lately. I haven't been stretching at all, not even at bedtime, and I know that gentle stretching makes a huge difference for me. Got to get back to doing that.

Carole C

marie on 8/15/03 at 14:52 (127057)

I am so glad to hear you're feeling well John. That means I have 8 more years before I am in the clear.

Re: Sandra D - How are you feeling today? nm

Kathy G on 8/18/03 at 08:27 (127208)