Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Me again ; (

Posted by april s. on 8/14/03 at 22:08 (126995)

Hi- It is april again, i thank the two whom posted in reply to my questions. But, when i woke up this morning around 4, the pain was unbearable, my husband had to get up and help me. i was shaking and crying. see i was about 5 hrs late on taking the tylox, then about 30 min after i took it, i was able to go back to sleep. but i am having to take the pain med, like 2 caps every 4 hrs, which is following doc. orders but still, that is alot of med.... then tomarrow i go see the doc. to get my dressing changed, so i just hope he says everything is fine and gives me one more script for the tylox. does anyone know if this pain is normal!? I know most of you in here haven't had hammertoe or toe shortening surgery done, but if by any chance there is someone with some experience with this procedure, please reply.
well thanx for seeing me rant! nice to have people around who care!
bless u all!
april

Re: Me again ; (

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/15/03 at 14:58 (127058)

April:
Hopefully you have spoken to your surgeon by now. Surgical pain which is poorly controlled by pain meds often has a cause, often excessive swelling occurring. The bandages only give so much so it may be necessry to go in and have your bandages looosened or replaced.
Ed

Re: Me again ; (

kay on 8/15/03 at 20:54 (127081)

April what kind of pain are you having? Is it burning pain? The burning pain is treated differently than regular surgical pain, that by the way I wouldn't think it would be back enough to cause the pain you described.
When I had my foot surgery I started having nerve pain that felt like a red hot needle or slicing knife type pain.
Talk to your doc about your pain and keep in mind it will improve as the weeks pass. Good luck.