Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suicide/Pf for 2 years--thank yo so much

Posted by Kristie R. on 8/22/03 at 13:53 (127678)

Wow! Thank you all so much for your support. I have never met any of you but I was so unbelievably touched and moved to tears my your kind words. I'm so sorry that your have all been through this terrible pain but it's also nice to know that I'm not alone.

I called and made a doctor's appointment for Monday to discuss anti depressants. Very good advice. It will also let the doctor know what level of pain I'm in. Also, from passed messages I read, I started documenting my pain levels so I can give it to the doctor.

I starting to realize slowly that 'I'm in control'(thanks Judy). But it's hard sometimes. After reading your e-mail I took a short bike ride. It was so nice to get out of the house. The 15 minute bike ride was too painful--but walking is the big problem.

I was really hoping that the electric shock wave therapy would work. The doctor I saw told me only one treatment is need and I should be fine in a couple of weeks. Now, he believes that I tore my Achilles tendon; I don't think so but I know it's very tight and sore.
The doctor told me that the tendon is pulling on the pf---so the ESWT may not work--which is hard to hear. The pain goes fro the inside arch of my foot up the back of my leg to my right butt cheek. Has anyone else had this problem?

I like everyone else on this wonderful web sight just wants their old life back. I realize that my life is going to very different now, and that is hard. But everyone else here has done it successfully and that's a real inspiration.

Thank you all for responding and taking time out of you day to write me. I can not thank yo all enough for your wonderful words of encouragement. They really have helped. I haven't told anybody else of what I was thinking and it's nice to have someone to talk to. Thank you all for responding and taking time out of you day to write me. I will try my best to make you all proud and try to get my life back in order.

Thanks again your new friend,

Kristie

Re: Suicide/Pf for 2 years--thank yo so much

Aly on 8/22/03 at 14:53 (127687)

Hi Kristie,

I'm so glad you wrote again, we were all thinking about you. Good for you for taking control back and doing the things you need to get yourself healthy, physically and mentally. Do come visit regularly and tell us how things are going! :)

Aly

john h on 8/22/03 at 15:32 (127694)

Kristie sounds like you just took your first step on the road to recovery. This is not going to be quick as there are no quick fixes for PF. Even ESWT may take a minimum of 12 weeks to show any results. Have patience, see your Doctor and clearly tell him that you feel depressed and are in pain and you want help. We are always here. Some of us seem to stay up all night so keep in touch and keep the faith.

marie on 8/22/03 at 16:20 (127703)

Phew.....I have been thinking about you all day. My family has also been very concerned for you as well....sometimes they spy on me and read the message boards. They asked about you right away. We are a family here. Please come here any time you feel in despair. We are certainly an ornery group but we really care about each other no matter what.

An answer to your question is 'yes'. My calves and thighs were affected. I had electric shocks that radiated from behind my knees down to my ankles and up to my buttock. My legs jerked and twitched constantly and the muscles were so tight that my feet felt like 50 lb weights. Sometimes I look at my journal and I can't believe how much better i am today. These folks here urged me to see a doctor just like you for anti-depressants and Neurontin. It has been tough and slow but I took their advice and am soooooooo glad I did.

So you take care of yourself!!!! We are happy that you have found us.

best wishes marie

Kathy G on 8/22/03 at 19:50 (127730)

Kristie,

I signed on just to see if you had posted a message. You've been in the back of my mind all day long.

Good for you! Go to the doctor and tell him exactly how you feel. He will hopefully respond and get you on appropriate medication.

I'm glad that you were able to ride your bike. Just being out and doing something positive was good for you, even if you think you may have overdone it.

You're doing the most important thing you can do: You're taking control of your life instead of letting the pain and PF control you. I applaud you!

Keep us posted. Don't hesitate to vent your frustration. That's why we're here. We've all 'been there' and 'done that.' Don't forget that!

Pam S. on 8/23/03 at 00:10 (127743)

Kristie:
I am soooo glad to sign on and read your post. I too have been thinking of you and so hoped you would respond to us.

Let us know what your dr. says. I really think you could benefil from an antidepressant. I never in my life thought I would end up taking one but I will tell you it has made a world of difference in my ability to cope with pain, anxiety and just that feeling of no hope. I hope your dr. is up on all the different types of antidepressants there are. I am on a form of celexa called lexapro which I have had very good luck with with no side effects. It seems celexa is a popular choice these days. It takes a good 6 weeks for you to notice any improvement in how you feel. I really am glad you are open to this. It took me way to long to do that.

Do you have a few good friends you could maybe go out to lunch with or go to a movie with? Hopefully it would not take much walking and I think when you are out with friends it really gets your mind off of pain and problems. Kristie, my life is not perfect and I remember when it was. It just seems like I am accepting of things now and I know what to do when I am in a flare up and you just deal with it. I know it is discouraging that things have not healed the PF but I do believe you will get better over time after what all I have read on these boards.

Enough of my rambling. I am going to re-read Dorothy's post again. Seriously, that is wonderful that you have been helped by everyone. That is what this is all about. Warmly, Pam
ps yes, there are those of us who are night owls. My excuse is I have teenagers to wait up for....

JudyS on 8/24/03 at 11:11 (127813)

Hi Kristi -
May I join the others in welcoming you back to this message boards? I'm a bit tardy because my weekends are usually caught up in a lot of ball playing and other activities. I say that because I wanted to demonstrate to you that there really is light at the end of the tunnel. My own case of PF was severe, depressing and life-limiting. Like you I was absolutely certain that I'd never be the same.

Well I was right - I'm not the same. I'm better. Better because I found so many terrific folks here on this website, better because I take better care of myself, and better because I learned that I was still a real person even without the activities I loved the most.

It took me four years - but please remember that I let my PF get worse and worse for the first year and half. I kept running, playing ball, etc. I really made a mess of things. Couldn't stand in the shower, found myself crawling across the family room floor one day rather than get on my feet and many other things that many folks here have experienced.

Once I made up my mind to get out of my recliner and take charge it's been nothing but improvement since. That was two and a half years ago and the improvements have come at a serious snail's pace but they've come.

I'm back to playing ball. I can go for walks and occasionally jog a mile - but I'm still afraid to really develop a jogging program. I will always and forever ice after every activitiy and take ibuprofen when I know I'm going to active. And if I feel the slightest twinge, my feet take priority over all else. I sure learned my lesson :)

We're all here for you - just as you are here for us and it's good to be able to welcome you.

Kristie R. on 8/24/03 at 11:36 (127816)

Thank you Judy, and everyone else. You have giving me a lot of hope. I have learned so much in this past week reading and rereading things on this sight. Thank you all for your encouragment and kind thoughts. If you all can get throughtht is, I guess I can.

Necee on 8/25/03 at 07:52 (127886)

Hang in there Kristie !!!
Keep posting and keep thinking positive thoughts, you will get better.
I'll be praying for you.

Happy trails.....

Necee