Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

more detail about my heel pain

Posted by David B on 8/24/03 at 17:02 (127852)

I have a lot of things working against me, I am flat footed, I have worked in the retail business for 18 yrs standing on concrete floors. I had bunion surgery about 10 yrs ago. I also have had orthotics made for me which gives me zero help from the pain. I knew when I asked the doctor does anyone ever have to have sound wave surgery re-done, the doctor said I never have had to with any of my patients, I knew I would probaly be the 1st. Im very dissappointed with it, I took off work for a 7 days and for the 1st 3 days only got up to eat, bathroom breaks or go to bed, I iced it and did everything like I suppose to do. The pain in the morning or evening is worse but it hurts all the time now. Any adivce?

Re: more detail about my heel pain

Dr. Z on 8/24/03 at 18:07 (127860)

Either your doctor just started doing ESWT or well. There are some people that need a second treatment. There are also some people that will need foot surgery due to no response with ESWT. Sorry but it is true.
As for your pain now. Tell me when you had your ESWT treatment. We are less then 12 weeks correct. I would get an mri. If normal I would place you on a medrol dose packet. Just my opinion

David B on 8/24/03 at 18:19 (127861)

I had my ESWT going on 7 weeks ago now. What will an MRI show? What is medrol dose packet?

Dr. Z on 8/24/03 at 18:28 (127862)

It will evaluate all the tendons, joint surfaces, ligament in your foot. It will rule out a stress fracture. A medrol dose packet is oral steriods. It is uses for severe inflamatory conditions such as gout, RA. If you are having pain all the time. I would need to rule out a stress fracture of the heel bone. You have to realize I am trying to help you out without an examine. I see alot of ESWT. A hands on examination would tellexactly why you are in pain. But since I can't examine you on the web this is the next best thing

Re: more detail about my heel pain- ? for Dr Z

David B on 8/25/03 at 02:34 (127881)

Dr Z what state are you a doctor in?

Re: more detail about my heel pain- ? for Dr Z

Dr. Z on 8/25/03 at 08:35 (127889)

New Jersey