Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

drs again today

Posted by stella on 8/26/03 at 10:27 (128033)

well no good news he said for me to go to his collague another dr and see what she thinks about it. so i made an appt for that and got another script for meds. He also said maybe the numbness is being cause by my lower back?? And that i should get an evaluation at a chiropractor??? i have no idea again its like hes just pushing me away! I dont know what to do. I have to talk to my lawyer cause with my case i can only see one second opinion and im waiting to hear back from my ex job to see if they want me to go to another dr. I am up a creek. I dont know if he knows he messed up and now is seeing what another dr thinks. i am very upset any thoughts?/?

Re: drs again today

marie on 8/26/03 at 14:32 (128065)

I can't really tell you what to do. If it was me I'd get a second opinion. My brother has back problems and he has numb feet. Numbness is so darned uncomfortable.

marie

stella on 8/26/03 at 16:12 (128079)

ya i dont know i just dont know why the dr waited so long and now he wants me to see another dr.. it just is weird... I just want to be able to walk
:( and i cant

Sharon W on 8/26/03 at 16:23 (128080)

Stella,

I understand about your problem with seeing another doctor, and that's going to cause a hassle. :(

But the truth is, it sounds like the doctor you've been seeing has run out of things that he knows of to do for you -- so seeing someone else is probably a good idea. A couple of times doctors have refused to 'release' their patients to see another doctor, and yet they also wouldn't do anything more FOR them -- I think that's worse.

Maybe somebody new with a different perspective will have some fresh ideas for how to make you better. Maybe they will find something wrong that the other doctor didn't notice. I don't know. I just think that if you have a chance to try something new, it might work out a whole lot better for you -- I sure hope so!!

Sharon