Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Toss the Birkenstocks

Posted by Holly F on 8/27/03 at 13:07 (128161)

I don't know if this is my second message or not because I left to find a website for my new Merrell's. Here it is: http://www.merrell.com These shoes are the first shoes to help. My Birkenstocks actually made my plantar fascitis worse. Even my podiatrist told me that Birkenstocks don't help. I know a lot of you wear them, you just may want to try a different shoe and lose the Birks altogether. The Merrells are a bit expensive (around $70) but they are much, much more comfortable (and stylish)..Finally after 3 months my P.F. is just about gone!! Do those exercises no matter how silly they seem and get some Merrell's!!!!! ;)

Re: Toss the Birkenstocks

Ed Davis,DPM on 8/27/03 at 15:48 (128172)

Any time a manufacturer attempts tp place a lot of support in a shoe it will help many but also be wrong for many others since the support will be in the wrong place for some.

A lot of people do well with Birks. It is just not possible to generalize.

Richard, C.Ped on 8/27/03 at 16:24 (128177)

Exactly Ed. Many people like Birks. Others like DMX...and so on. I think a proper orthosis will provide the support needed in the correct areas to help relieve pain.

BGCPed on 8/27/03 at 22:59 (128243)

DMX...............yuk air chambers leak and go flat and they are about as stable as a 3 wheeled shopping cart

Richard, C.Ped on 8/29/03 at 10:34 (128356)

Oh Brian...you know very well I was referring to the gansta rapper DMX. Geeze...oh..I mean...Word! \:D/

BGCPed on 9/02/03 at 16:58 (128587)

roger that richard