Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

saw dr today-update

Posted by David B on 8/27/03 at 16:32 (128178)

I saw my doctor today and he told me to wait another 5 weeks before we do anything, that would be 12 weeks after the treatment. I asked him about deep massage on my heel so he wrote me an order for it. I went to the physical therapist today and the deep massage is a JOKE. Heck, my wife can massage my foot better than she did. I thought when you say deep she would put alot of pressure while rubbing, all she did was rub my foot with some lotion I almost feel asleep. It was not at all what I was expecting.

Re: saw dr today-update

barb s on 8/27/03 at 19:14 (128213)

DAVID, WHAT IS YOUR PIAN LEVEL.? AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED?

MINE IS LEFT FOOT INNER D SIDE OF FOOT. LITTLE BY THE ARCH. THIS IS WHERE IT HURT VERY BAD BEFORE THE ESWT.I WOULD SAY MY PAIN LEVEL IS A 10.

BEFORE MY ESWT MY FRIEND WHO IS A MASSAGE THERAPIST. MESSAGED MY FOOT FOR ABOUT 1HOUR. IT WAS GREAT. BUT I STILL HAD PAIN AFTER..BARB

Re: saw dr today-update

David B on 8/27/03 at 20:07 (128223)

My pain level is a 10 also, my heal is what hurts. It felt good while getting the massage but hurt as soon as I stood up. I thought a 'deep' massage should hurt a little bit while massaging the area. I know it wasn't going to fix my problem just hoping for some temporary relief until my ESWT treatment starts working.