Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm not sure if this would be plantar fasciitis...

Posted by tim k on 8/28/03 at 12:14 (128280)

Hello. I am a cross-country runner in high school and have been experiencing foot discomfort lately during and after my runs. While I am running it almost feels like my feet are falling asleep, like a numbness or tingling. After my excersise, there is some pain and discomfort on the inner portion of each foot. It is a little further forward than the heel around the area of my arch and is more toward each side then on the bottom. It looks as if it might be a little swollen and is tender to the touch. I am going to go and speak with our trainer but school has not began yet so they are not there. I thought I would see if this problem I am having sounds like plantar fasciitis first before going to see my doctor. I read in a sports medicine book that long distance runners often have this problem and was worried because the book stated that surgery is sometimes necessary. Thanks for your help,
Tim

Re: I'm not sure if this would be plantar fasciitis...

Andy H on 8/28/03 at 21:31 (128329)

bbv.cgi?n=127874

You can check out my experience with this disease