Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Stacey on 9/01/03 at 17:13 (128511)

If anyone is willing to share I would greatly appreciate it, as I am in so very much pain.
Is anyone on disability due to plantar fascitiis?
If so are you willing to e-mail me for a private conversation?
Thank you

Re: disability

BrianG on 9/02/03 at 10:37 (128551)

Hi Stacy,

I am on SSD for PF. You can e-mail me at (email removed)

Good luck

Ed Davis,DPM on 9/02/03 at 15:57 (128582)

Most people with PF significant enough to cause disability may want to consider consulting an attorney specializing in disability law. There are some potentially big speed bumps on the way that an experienced attorney can help you negotiate.

Pat S on 9/08/03 at 22:38 (129229)

Hi, Stacey. My husband is not yet on disability but probably is heading that way. In a month we are going to Mayo regarding the last resort --surgery-- but I am very scared about the outcome of that--after reading all the pros and cons, there seems to be more cons. I am so afraid that his plantar fascia problem and pain will be worse. He has suffered 2 1/2 years and still cannot walk further than 50 feet. He simply cannot be on his feet very long. It is so sad. How long have you had this? Have you tried all the treatments too? Please tell me your story. Thanks

Stacey on 9/13/03 at 18:03 (129891)

Hi Pat,
Sorry to hear about your husband-
I have had PT (and recently TTS) for about 3.5 years.
Have had EPF surgery on both feet one year ago, doctor considered failed and since then have had two Ossitron treatments in right foot since then. The second treatment did seem to take some pain/swelling away from the HEEL area, but I am having lots of pain in arch and we are not sure at this point if that is from the PF or TTS.
I have tried everything conservative. Many anti-inflams (Vioxx was best), taping, hard and soft orthotics, night splints, heat/cold, walking boot, now in fiberglass cast and cruthes, cortisone injections, steroids, massage: Only thing that gives me relief is pain meds and Iontopheresis (special physical therapy)
Has he tried the Ossitron?-I really would suggest that before surgery since it is not as invasive and it helps alot of people-and I think it helped me a little bit. My new doc is telling me the reason he thinks my surgery failed is because the cut ligament grew back right away or else scar tissue grew back in right away and tightened things right back up. I remember feeling tightness in my fascia about a month after surgery and telling my old doc-and him saying it was not possible. But I am now being told that scar tissue does form that soon. I have seen 5 podiatrists and it is interesting to hear them contradict each other -very confusing and frusterating!
Anyway please feel free to mail me anytime-I am looking for advice here but also very willing to give it since I understand how horrible this is.
BTW-I was asking about disability because I want to consider more of a temporary type thing to get healed up-I do not want to think about permanent yet as I am only 29 yrs. old. I have unbearable pain after about an hour of walking-but I think I will be ok once I finally force myself to take a sit down job-which I am dreading.
Good Luck!