Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How long should I be on Neurontin?

Posted by marie on 9/02/03 at 21:13 (128626)

Dear Board Doctors,

I have been on Neurontin for just a little over a year. I am doing pretty well. I have TTS and PF. The swelling is down. I no longer have to wear any kind of compression socks....although as the school year goes on I may need them. The numbness is almost gone. Some slight tingling over the ankle. Once someone, like myself, begins to get well should the amount of Neurontin be slowly decreased or will I need to be on Neurontin forever?

Advice from anyone concerning this topic is welcome.

Thank you, marie

Re: How long should I be on Neurontin?

Ed Davis,DPM on 9/02/03 at 21:23 (128629)

marie:
The goal is to use the lowest dose that works. If symptoms are receding, then your doc should be attempting to gradually reduce the dose.

By the way, did you ever let use know how your visit with Dr. Lawrence went?
Ed

Sharon W on 9/03/03 at 07:53 (128654)

Good point, Dr. Ed! I had wondered about that, too... and then forgot to ask.

Sharon
:)

marie on 9/03/03 at 14:26 (128702)

I never went to see a Dr. Lawrence. Could you be mixing me up with another marie that posts here?

Thanks for the info I will discuss this with my docs.

marie

Ed Davis,DPM on 9/03/03 at 15:25 (128708)

marie:
There were posts by a 'marie' here with hallux limitus. We had discussed implants for the big toe joint. I did not realize that there were two maries posting on the board.
Ed

marie on 9/03/03 at 18:54 (128721)

Yeah that happened once before when someone mixed me up with her. That's funny.

Thanks for the response.

Ed Davis,DPM on 9/03/03 at 21:30 (128733)

marie:

If someone posts with the same name all we can do is assume it is the 'original.' I would hope that posters would take a few minutes to peruse the boards so that they use a unique identifier...
Ed

marie on 9/04/03 at 14:33 (128770)

Good idea. Some new posters may not know to do that. I'm the original marie. If I happen to spot her I'll let her know...I can easily change my name as well....maybe I could create a whole new me. Now if I could just create new feet.

best wishes to you Dr. Ed,
marie