Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

dr today new and hopefully some help

Posted by stella on 9/04/03 at 21:36 (128808)

Hi went to the new dr today found out a lot. I have to go in for an mri on the 18th. And see a back person to look me over. I am now gonna try evail along with the ultram i am on. just take it at night. Anyone have good luck with that? She did say its bad because i havent been walking. She recommened trying water therapy i gotta see how much that costs. Anyone have that yet? Whirl pool to she checked off. I am in lots of pain and hoping something will turn up. She said i may have rsd or whatever thats called i know i got it wrong but ive read about it on here before just dont know what that is i am assuming nerve problems. She says it feels like my ankle more she did a nerve test and i couldnt feel all the parts where she poked me. I hope this will help me im sure glad she was pleasant and offered me some ideas. I dont know what will happen but ill keep u all informed

Re: dr today new and hopefully some help

Sharon W on 9/05/03 at 17:41 (128891)

Stella,

I take Elavil along with the Neurontin. Elavil and Ultram should be a fairly good combination... better, at least, than just taking Vicodin! Watch out with the Elavil, though, because for some people (me included) it really can make you sleepy. I only take mine at night; if I tried to take a morning dose I would probably sleep all day!

I'm glad this new doctor is taking the whole thing seriously and trying to do right by you. It's great that she has ordered the MRI; that should give you a lot more info about what the heck is going on in there!! I'll bet water therapy is expensive, but I haven't tried it so I really don't know for sure.

I really hope you don't have RSD, but it is possible. Other people from these boards have gotten RSD after having foot surgery; you wouldn't be the first and unfortunately you probably wouldn't be the last...

Do a search for RSD or for CRPS (you'll find the search on that page that shows all the heel page categories to choose from) and you will find LOTS of information about it.

I am keeping a good thought in the back of my mind for you, Stella, wishing you well...

Sharon

marie on 9/06/03 at 12:58 (128968)

That sounds hopeful, Stella. I am glad you were able to see the new doc. She seems to be making some proactive decesions. Best wishes to you!

marie

Sharon W on 9/08/03 at 12:39 (129135)

Stella,

I got some new info that I think might really be helpful for you... please e-mail me at home so I can share it (but leave out the spaces, they are put in to discourage spammers):

syaw @ prodigy.net

Good luck with the MRI, Stella!

Sharon