Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS Surgery

Posted by John T on 9/05/03 at 11:33 (128858)

I justhad TTS surgery at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore on 8/21.
My surgeon was Dr. A Lee Dellon. Has anyone else had Dr. Dellon as their Dr? I get my stitches out on 9/11. I've an incison on the top of my foot and a large one on the inside of my ankle just behind the ankle bone. I've started trying to put weight an my foot but find it very difficult to straighten the ankle because of pain and stiffness. Also when I stand with my foot down my foot turns a very dark purple. Has anyone had this happen? I'm told to do pool walking for rehabilitation. Has anyone else done any other type of rehabilitation like whirlpool etc.?I thought I would get my stitches out and go golfing but it appears that that won't be the case. How has others rehabilitation gone?

Re: TTS Surgery

Terry D on 9/05/03 at 21:56 (128915)

Hey John, I too had my surgery done by Dr. Dellon@ Union. Follow his advice. I didn't put any weight on my foot for 1 wk. then had the stiches out and started to water walk. I stayed on cruthes for nearly 4 wks. Then walked. I am a football coach/track coach and was in excellent condition before all of this. I am now 4 months post op and still have considerable numbness in the bottom of my foot...but it is slowly coming back. I can walk quite well but have a long way to go. I am getting better each week... I guess my point is take it slowly the recovery is measured in weeks/months not days.
Terry D

Re: TTS Surgery

Penny F on 9/18/03 at 12:41 (130442)

My husband was operated on at the end of May this year by Dr. Dellon. He is still having pain, but off all meds! Can't walk to far without pain setting in. He has been working in the pool. Seems to help[. I think Dr. Dellon is great!