Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Active Healing Report

Posted by BrianJ on 9/08/03 at 16:43 (129181)

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that my doctor advocated my gradual return to sports, even though I've had painful bilateral PF for more than five years. Because nothing else has worked, I figured I'd give it a try. Being the optimistic sort, I call this approach 'Active Healing.'

In short, the added activity (tennis, light sprints on thick grass, etc.)has been fun, and has not seemed to set me back. Yes, I'll have a little more pain after the activity, but it goes back to normal after a couple of hours. Also, I've noticed less burning-type pain while I'm sitting around the house.

I'll continue gradually increasing my activity, and report back in a few weeks.

Re: Active Healing Report

Dorothy on 9/09/03 at 14:23 (129296)

I hope this goes well for you and look forward to hearing more about your active healing.

Bonnie D on 9/09/03 at 17:25 (129331)

Be careful. Be sure to ice your foot afterward and don't overdo it! I've been 'active' for years and have really damaged myself.

Kathy G on 9/09/03 at 18:18 (129340)

Thanks for the report. I'm glad that it's working for you. I've tried it a few times but with no success. I do find that I do more than I used to because I figure I'm going to hurt anyhow and I can't just sit around and become a statue. I thought I did very little the last few days and my feet are killing me tonight. Go figure!:-/

Keep checking back in and letting us know how you're making out.

Are you icing?

marie on 9/09/03 at 20:33 (129374)

Wow, it sounds like you're on the right track. And I'll add 'keep icing'!

Jen L on 9/12/03 at 17:09 (129760)

It seems to me that the optimistic attitude is realy where the heeling comes from! While, Optimisim + Reasonable Caution +Time = Cure?!