Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New here

Posted by Andrea B on 9/10/03 at 05:31 (129405)

Hi, I'm 23 and live in Brisbane, Australia. Over 2 months ago I started working full time in a pet store. I love the work but it involves 10 hours a day (sometimes longer) on my feet and I started developing heel pain. I was determined just to work through it, as I thought it was probably just a bruise or something (though I couldn't recall hurting my foot on anything).

I'm overweight but losing it rapidly thanks to aforementioned full time work and going to personal training 3 times a week, but being overweight in the first place, plus being unconditioned to being on my feet for long periods is probably what has caused it.

I've worked with it for a couple of months now, but the other day the pain was so excruciating it plunged me into depression and angst over my job and the pain it was causing me. I saw my doctor today and he confirmed that it was plantar fasciliitis. I've just informed my boss of the problem and we'll talk about it further tomorrow *nervous grimace*.

This site is awesome, thanks heaps to the creator :)

Andrea

Re: New here

marie on 9/10/03 at 06:36 (129408)

Welcome to the board. You'll find answers to your questions here. You're in the company of those who have literally walked in your footsteps. They are the best.

best wishes, marie

john h on 9/10/03 at 09:04 (129418)

Andrea: You have ESWT available at a number of locations in Australia and the price there is really really inexpensive compared to the U.S. I can send you the email address of one the ESWT locations if you wish.

Bonnie D on 9/10/03 at 10:18 (129428)

welcome. You found this board quickly and will get lots of help. I've had foot pain for 20 years and found this board this week.Don't do what I did and ignore it. I'm paying the price. Good luck.

Andrea B on 9/11/03 at 03:46 (129561)

Thanks, I'd like to know if there are any in my city :)