Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Herbal anti-inflmatory

Posted by Debbie on 9/12/03 at 10:46 (129707)

Just researched herbal anti-inflmatories and found a product from New Chapter called Zyflamend. It seems this particular formula is good for a number of things. Dr. Weill recommends it for arthritis and there is documentation that it prohibits the growth of cancerous prostate cells...wow.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Re: Herbal anti-inflmatory

Sharon W on 9/12/03 at 11:54 (129714)

No, but it sounds GREAT! Please follow up and let us know how it works for you, if you decide to give it a try.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/12/03 at 22:20 (129808)

I have tried it personally but did not see much of an effect although people respond differently to such things so I definitely would not write it off. There is a very strong aftertase if you burp after taking the pill.

Dorothy on 9/13/03 at 02:31 (129819)

I have tried it and take it now. I don't know if it is having a good effect or not. As you mention (you wrote about the prostate - I don't have one of those), it does have other health benefits in addition to potential anti-inflammatory effect. I haven't experienced the 'burp' effect that Dr. Ed mentions. I do have that from fish oil. ICK!

Lori W. on 9/13/03 at 12:17 (129860)

I have been using it regularly-no burp problem. I am allergic to typical anti-inflammatory meds and I was desperate. I believe it really does help me.

Re: Fish oil

Kathy G on 9/15/03 at 15:21 (130093)

I take fish oil capsules and had to try a few before I found one that didn't repeat on me. I've had the best luck with Kirkland's, the Costco brand. Occasionally, it still bothers me.

I read in a recent article in Consumer Reports that if you keep it in the freezer, it won't repeat on you. I tried it but kept forgetting to take it because it wasn't with my regular meds. It never bothered me when I remembered to take it when it was frozen, though. They said that it would not affect its efficacy at all if you take it frozen.

Maybe this would work for you!

Debbie on 9/16/03 at 14:13 (130229)

I have been in pain 24-7 since early July. I finally broke down...almost literally and went to see a podiatrist where I learned that I had a heel spur and that it was inflamation that was causing the pain. The doc recommended good shoes and a cortisone shot and got offended when I said no thanks to the shot. That was last week.

I found this site after returning from the doctors and so grateful to have found it and it's wealth of information. Within 3-4 days my pain substantially subsided. I have somewhat of an aching, but not the limping kind of pain I've had for the past 10 weeks. Why? Well, I'm not sure, but I have followed many of the recommendations I read about on this site. I have new running shoes since I walk a couple times a day (english springer spaniel puppy necessitates this!), I have used the power steps a few times, but not religiously, I have iced, worn my 2' high boots a couple days, and used capzasin religiously. Frankly, I think for me it was the capzasin that made the greatest difference. I've been taking Zyflamend since Saturday without problem and will continue because of it's numerous health benefits.

What a great site! I love this. People helping people to help themselves!!!