Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bilateral retrocalcaneal bursitus help

Posted by Matt H on 9/15/03 at 16:12 (130099)

HELP ... please. I am a 37-year-old U.S. Marine Corps gunnery sergeant (E-7). I suffer from what my military docs have finally decided is 'bilateral retrocalcaneal bursitus.' All I know is that after running, I can barely walk the next morning. The military docs say there is little hope for relief for this through surgery. I am not sure if they are telling me this because they want to minimize their surgeries workload, or if this condition truly is not a good candidate for surgery. Bottom line for me is that I need my feet in good working order to survive in the Marine Corps and need a solution to this condition. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS CONDITION AND HAD IT CORRECTED SUCCESSFULLY VIA SURGERY? Or in the case of doctors, have you treated this with surgery with any degree of success? Please contact me with details on your experiences/advice. Semper Fidelis, Matt. (email removed)