Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Important Announcement!!

Posted by Dorothy on 9/16/03 at 02:59 (130179)

September 19 is National Talk Like A Pirate Day. Thought you would all want to know and be prepared.

Some suggestions:

Aye, matey.
Avast, ye blackguards.

Suggested pirate footwear: black boots with a cuff and a slight heel. No argyles.

Try it. It'll be fun!

So long, kids ~

Re: Important Announcement!!

Peter R on 9/16/03 at 06:53 (130182)

I think some of the ideas fostered here indicate the need to apply some shockwave therapy a little distal from the plantar fascii.
Dorothy- you forgot 'Shiver me timbers' and 'To the yardarms lads'

wendyn on 9/16/03 at 07:19 (130187)

If you will give me Johnny Depp the way he looks in Pirates of the Carribean - I will talk any way you want!!

marie on 9/16/03 at 15:13 (130235)

Oh Yeah!!! Ya gotta love Johnny Depp! I'll take him any away he looks.

Peter R on 9/16/03 at 16:07 (130245)

I swear that I was sure he was a gay pirate in that role.

Sharon W on 9/16/03 at 16:56 (130264)

He didn't look gay to ME!! Although, how a man manages to swagger and sway like that, with beads in his beard, and NOT look gay is quite beyond me...

marie on 9/16/03 at 18:35 (130271)

I was told he used Rolling Stones, Keith Richards to model his part from. I don't think Keith is gay....I liked Johnny's interpretation a little better. OHHHHHH yeah!

wendyn on 9/16/03 at 23:07 (130312)

I heard that too Marie - and he does remind me of Keith Richards in that role. Peter - gay or not - rotten teeth or not - he's a real hottie in that movie. I've had pirate dreams ever since!!!!

BGCPed on 9/17/03 at 11:38 (130335)

Dont worry about Wendy's comments Peter. You know those women, converting a gay guy is a challenge. If he doesnt change teams then they can shop with him and he will listen to all the stuff the Hubby wont

john h on 9/17/03 at 13:06 (130344)

Wendy if you think Keith Richards is a hottie then you would love the h--- out of me. That is unless you have some sort of wierd fetish or taste. Maybe I need to take a trip to your neck of the woods. There must be some sort of shortage on men there.

wendyn on 9/17/03 at 18:57 (130376)

No no no John. Keith Richards is not a hottie. Johnny Depp is a hottie. Despite the fact that I've never been overly impressed with his looks before - the whole rugged/facial hair in that movie thing seems to really work for me!

I love you just the way you are John - and you are welcome to come here to visit anytime! Remember that we are suffering unseasonably cold weather all of a sudden (it's below freezing today with snow on the ground...this really sucks for middle of September). I can take a bit of snow at this time of year - but not this much or this cold!!!!

JudyS on 9/17/03 at 21:03 (130388)

No no no Wendy - neither Keith Richards nor Johnny Depp is a hottie.....

.....saw Kevin yesterday in 'Open Range'....now there, my friends, is a hottie! Well, he's at least second to John h....

wendyn on 9/17/03 at 21:10 (130390)

If I recall correctly - Open Range was filmed just outside of the city I live in.