Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Basic questions about dornier

Posted by Buck T. on 9/17/03 at 16:32 (130366)

I've had PF release on left foot and so far am pleased. It was seven months ago and it still becomes sore, but I understand this surgery takes maybe up to a year to judge.

Since then, right foot has really gotten bad. Dornier and ESWT was not available here until now. Doctor is going ahead and do ESWT with dornier on right foot. I was wondering, should I have both feet done? He's leaving it to me.

Also, learned from this site that ESWT usually supplements correcting cause of PF. What other measurers are good to assist ESWT. Are we talking about physical therapy, stretching, insoles, right shoes and maybe night splint?

Lastly, does it sometimes take two or maybe three treatments with dornier?

Re: Basic questions about dornier

Peter R on 9/18/03 at 06:37 (130415)

The docs who participate on this board will most likely give you info but I'll throw in my 2 pennies if Scott D promises not to send the foot police after me. After all I only have technical knowledge and no 'hands on experience' Your right foot may be suffering the effect of pathological movements you've acqitred compensating for the surgery on your left foot. To assist the healing process started by ESWT it is advised that whatever conventional therapy that has be used pre ESWT be continued, except for the steroid injection. Keep in mind that ESWT starts a healing process but does not eliminate the underlying cause(s) of your PF which could be, among other factors, the basic bio-mechanical structure of your foot. Even the kidney stone expert blaster Scott D, cannot guarantee, that even with his vast expertise heretofore unmatched in the civilized world, that the stones will not reoccur.Or can he???

Dr. Z on 9/18/03 at 08:37 (130419)

Taping is my favorite during either pf healing and or ESWT healing

Buck T. on 9/18/03 at 11:02 (130432)

Thanks for help. Really appreciate it.

BrianJ on 9/19/03 at 22:05 (130577)

Peter --

I do not know you, nor do I know Scott D. I respect your right to state your views and to disagree with other people's views. However, I do not see the need for sarcastic comments about the people themselves. In my opinion, many of your posts seem designed to 'pick a fight' rather than to respectfully state an opposing viewpoint. You obviously know a lot about ESWT, and I hope you can help people on this board in a more friendly way.