Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

questions for the dr's.. how much time off do I need to take

Posted by David B on 9/22/03 at 14:42 (130701)

My nurse just called and she said they might be able to re-do my shock wave treatment next week, last time I had it done I took a week off work. How much time is really needed for the best results. If I need to take a week off I will but if I only need to take 3- 5 days that is fine too. One of my jobs is im on my feet on concrete floor for 8 hrs, the other job I work part time is a rural carrier so im only on my feet for 2 or 3 hrs.

Re: questions for the dr's.. how much time off do I need to take

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/22/03 at 19:17 (130726)

David:
A week off is generally more than adequate for high energy ESWT but no time off is needed, usually, with low energy.
Ed

Dr. Z on 9/22/03 at 19:26 (130727)

Did you have alot of post-eswt pain when you had your first ESWT treatment.

David B on 9/22/03 at 21:17 (130746)

I had ZERO pain, after the numbness went out I didn't have any pain at all, think maybe that why it didn't work. The doc said I should have some pain for a couple of days. I think my muscle is very thick, cause I have worked in the retail business for 18 yrs standing on concrete floors most of the time 6 days a week. I hope the 2nd time fixes it, I am having high intensty treatment. I want to give it time to heal and not rush back to work, I really can't afford to be off for 6 weeks and have the surgery done.

Deanna D on 9/22/03 at 21:43 (130756)

David, I also stand on my feet all day, I had the test done and went back to work the next day with no problems. Good luck!

Dr. Z on 9/22/03 at 23:37 (130773)

Some patient will need a second ESWT treatment. I would let you go back to work so long as you feel ok and don't do alot of climbing, standing, etc.
Out of work for foot surgery can be alot longer then six weeks sometimes more like six months

mm on 9/27/03 at 16:25 (131271)

mm

hhhhhh on 9/28/03 at 17:29 (131571)

jjjj