Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post surgery

Posted by Lee on 9/22/03 at 23:05 (130766)

I had surgery Aug 20. I had bone chip on big toe, and pins in three toes
Its 5 weeks now, and next week pins are coming out. I didnt know I was to bend my big toe, it has been in boot all this time. When I tried to bend it a little, I thought I was gonna die! The pain is horrible. I am scared what will happen after pins are out, and how will I walk? I didnt know I was to start moving big toe..I cannot take pain anymore. I am kinda sorry I had the surgery. Will I ever walk right again?

Re: post surgery

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/23/03 at 01:04 (130781)

Lee:
Yes, that kind of surgery is painful BUT the pain should be adequately controlled with various techniques. What is your doc doing to help you in that area?
Ed

LeeH on 9/23/03 at 23:25 (130856)

Hi,
At the moment I am on pain meds. When the pins come out, I guess I will know what will happen. I am getting depressed about this. I didnt think it would be so painful. I guess I had 2 procedures done at the same time, so its painful...Thanks

cathy n on 10/19/03 at 07:05 (134655)

HI there I had surgery on Sep 5th and although I haven't had pain I am limping. I had tendons cut in four hammer toes on one foot. It has been six weeks since surgery. Can you walk ok now and has the pain gone. Hope you are ok

lee on 10/19/03 at 23:35 (134720)

Hi,
I had surgery aug 20th. The toes that had pins in it are fine. I am having alot of pain in my big toe where I had a bone chchip removed.I have to start 6 weeks physical therapy 3 times a week this week.I am walking in a tennis shoe, but I cant take it for more then a few hours.This toe has given me alot of pain. The three toes that had the pins dont bother me at all. I hope all is ok with you..feel free to e mail me..Lee