Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

navicular tuberosity

Posted by Erine F on 9/23/03 at 15:56 (130822)

I do transcription for a podiatrist who is using the phrase 'grilloid navicular tuberosity'. Since he quite often mispells terms for me, and since I am unable to find the term 'grilloid' anywhere at all, I was hoping that perhaps there might be an answer to this in this forum. If I could verify the spelling and be given a definition for this term, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: navicular tuberosity

Dr. Z on 9/23/03 at 17:20 (130829)

He is talking about the size and shape of the navicular bone. It is called
Gorilloid . It comes from the word Grilla. It means the bone is very large. I guess like the paw of a grilla.

Re: navicular tuberosity

Erine F on 9/30/03 at 09:55 (131733)

Many thanks for the response on my 'grilloid' question. I had, in fact, found the term 'gorilloid', but since it was not found in any of the standard medical dictionaries, but in an edition of Merriam Webster, I wasn't entirely sure that I should use it as a substitution. I greatly appreciate the response - Erine F.